Are my '69 Barracuda wood grains correct?

-

Datsun78

Reaction score
Just found this forum, and looking forward to accessing the available knowledge:
My '69 Barracuda convertible (318 & AT) has burl wood over the gauges and around the heater controls(argent below), none on the door panels, and wood grain on the console. Would this mix of grains have been original?

Thanks!

Mark

the answer is "no." the "burled" woodgrain was used on 67 and 68 barracudas and was phased out for the 69 models which used a "conventional" looking woodgrain "strand" style. i believe the "standard" model barracudas in 69 did not have any woodgrain on the dash but used just a black paint on the dash bezel. when you ordered the "delux" interior option, you got woodgrain on the dash, console and door panels. the first two pics are the delux interior option for 67 and 68 - the second two are the delux interior for 69.

barracuda 68 delux interior.jpeg

barracudadash 68.jpg

BarracudaDash 69.jpg

69ply86057-5.jpg

Looks like both of those cars have the wrong speedo in them

Looks like both of those cars have the wrong speedo in them

no.. the speedometers are correct. in 1968, the 150 MPH speedometer was part of the Ralley Cluster Group option which included the 150 MPH speedometer, trip meter and wood grain accent covering on the dash. in 1969, the wood grain dash cover came with the Delux Interior option. i believe the 150 MPH speedometer came standard with the 340 or 383 engine both years.

-
Back