are my rear leaf springs still good?

-

Andre68

Reaction score
Im wondering if my leaf springs are still good? they do seem a little rusty but i think they might clean up well with a wire wheel, that longer spring bracket does look a bit to rusty, I dont know if I would trust those, plus I kinda dont dig how they hang down like that, it also seems to have air shocks on there right now.

I would like the car to have that cool rear lift. also those tires are just during the restoration! I wanna get some nice beefy ones when complete!

Attachments

• springs.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 248
  • springs2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 231
  • springs3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 233
trash the long shackles (mine aren't even that long) and get XHD springs or S/S Springs but with the S/S springs it will have a slight lean to one side.

if you are on a budget, you can have a spring shop re-arch your old five leaf springs AND ad a leaf making them into heavy duty six leaf springs,
if you just have them re-arched without adding a leaf, they will not stay that way for long, and the back of the car will quickly settle back down (good for a year or so)
by adding a sixth leaf it will solve that problem, the springs will stay arched, and the back of your car will remain looking good
the cost of having your old springs re-arched and adding a leaf is less than half the cost of new springs (unless you find some on sale)

I have considered getting the sport springs but I might go for re arching and adding a spring can I achieve that raked look like that?

I have a leaf spring tester. If she puts the car on the bump stops they are no good. I sell a lot of springs.

Attachments

• ugly.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 177
I hate extension shackles. I put Caltracs and Calvert Racing mono leafs from my brother's Cuda on my Dart. They weren't high enough for me. I called Calvert Racing and they were as helpful as could be. They asked all sorts of questions and eventually sold me back half springs with the lift I wanted. I love them. They are light, give me a great lift and were pretty darn reasonable.

-
Back