Are the stock piston's forged?

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
Are the stock pistons in the 225 Slant 6 forged? I'm going to do a turbo and I want to know what the stoc pistons will handle.

All cast.

Shaker223 over on sl6.org has run 22 lbs of boost and run a best of 12.32 in the 1/4 with stock everything except valve springs,and he o-ringed the block and used a copper gasket.

Stock pistons are cast. IF you have a good tune-up and keep them out of detonation/lean conditions they will last a long time.

Not necessarily. Anything can happen when you are dealing with forced induction. Just start with a rich tune,and low boost. Then bump the boost/timing slowly and see how it reacts. You MUST have a wideband o2 for proper tuning.

Not necessarily. Anything can happen when you are dealing with forced induction. Just start with a rich tune,and low boost. Then bump the boost/timing slowly and see how it reacts. You MUST have a wideband o2 for proper tuning.
I work at a shop that has a Dynojet 224 with an eddy current and a wideband so I will tune it on the dyno under a load.

Don't know about a turbo application, but fuel rich with nitrous will kill more pistons than fuel lean.

All cast.

Shaker223 over on sl6.org has run 22 lbs of boost and run a best of 12.32 in the 1/4 with stock everything except valve springs,and he o-ringed the block and used a copper gasket.

All statements in this thread are true by Grinder!!:finga:

I also use a 10GPH methanol jet and 100% meth as well.

To rich caused a high speed miss for me but that was a 10.5 AFR

-
Back