Are there any real Mopar machinests left ???

-
The cam calls for 1.750 installed height and he got that part right.Although he had to use a .050 shim on the new comp double springs to accomplish this ,or so he told me ...

He told you alot of things. This right here and the work he did would make me question it , like I said above. Send them to someone who knows what they are doing. This guy does not even understand that he is working on a piece of Mopar History "W2", probably does not even know what they are.

Holy ****. I would not run those heads no way no how without sending them out to have them looked over and done correctly, no matter WHAT THE COST. The guy is probably pissed that you caught his shitty work. Just think if he used the wrong retainers on the valves too and you drop one at 7K RPM??. Your gunna blow your whole engine up if he did and that will be his revenge..............I wouldn't trust his work as far as you could throw those heads which is not that far at all.

What if the springs aren't set up correctly either. Wrong pressures??

This sounds pretty familiar....... Was it BJR??
Actually i have done business with this man before .He also sells sum speed parts.This is however the first time he has ever done machine work for me.I have known him for over 10 years now and he is a stand up guy.He just made a mistake .I was a little discusted when i started this thread ,but he did agree to make it "right" .I even heard him tell the other machinest thta works for him when i was leaving "before we lap the new valves lets lay a straight edge across those tips to make sure they are dead on".I can always chack for coil bind with a feeler gauge before i button it up .I really dont think he would deliberatly try to ruin my motor to get even for me catching his mistake .I made it a point to not be Ugly with him when i brought them back ...

Actually i have done business with this man before .He also sells sum speed parts.This is however the first time he has ever done machine work for me.I have known him for over 10 years now and he is a stand up guy.He just made a mistake .I was a little discusted when i started this thread ,but he did agree to make it "right" .I even heard him tell the other machinest thta works for him when i was leaving "before we lap the new valves lets lay a straight edge across those tips to make sure they are dead on".I can always chack for coil bind with a feeler gauge before i button it up .I really dont think he would deliberatly try to ruin my motor to get even for me catching his mistake .I made it a point to not be Ugly with him when i brought them back ...

Well it sounds like he is handling it correctly. I mention the retainers because I have had it happen to me where the wrong retainers were used that had MASSIVE Slop in the groove, not to mention crooked machining on the Rocker Studs "Guy used a hand Drill", and drilled them by hand. The spring pressures were set up wrong. Just all around shitty work. I took the heads to another machinist, Member "OU812", where everything was verified. The guy even lied about his porting and what the heads flowed. He was off by at least 30CFM. Sad to say those heads were never bolted on an engine and are being used as wheel chocks in my shop.

I had my engine done by a guy in town here (Omaha) and he was very good but we have a very good relationship as far as being able to communicate. I had to give him some info that he did not know about. After all was said and done I got a very nice job done. He really worked with me and listened to what I had to say. I also listened to him and learned some things too. The main thing is that I know that he is very meticulous and careful and does beautiful machining in general. The crazy thing is that the machine shop is in the local CARQUEST auto parts store, so the prices are reasonable. If you can have a good communication with your machinist, it really helps!

Rare thing anymore,a jobber parts house still has a machinist in house.

No ****! Have a guy named Hap,still loves the game.Gotta be well in his sixties.

Picked up my heads yesterday and they look fine now.I also mocked up the Harland Sharp roller rockers on one heads and the geometry looks fine as it did before.Only problem is he screwed me out of another $56.00 .He claims that the Milodon intake valves cost more than the Ferrera's.That is a straight up lie .The Milodon stainless intakes are $80.00 and the Ferreras are $120.00 (thats $40 less).Instead of giving me the $40 difference back he charged me another $56 .Is my math bad ? Here is what i think happened .He got the Milodons at his cost (which was the additional $56.00) and kept the Ferrera's that i paid for as an added bonus.My total to rebuild these heads $836.00 :Comp Double springs ,Comp retainers and 10 degree super locks ,new set of milodon stainless intake valves,and a set of shims ,three angle valve job ,and resurface them both.The shop that broke it off in me was BILL SPENCE ENGINES in Sherman Texas.Do yourself a favor and steer clear of him .Like i said they look fine now ,and i even pulled a few valves apart to inspect and reasembled .No complaints on the job in the end ,i just dont like being swindled out of $$ to pay for his mistake.Didnt really like paying extra money ,but i wanted my heads back ,so whatcha gunna do ? Atleast i can move on now ,just wanted to put the word out about this shop ...

Picked up my heads yesterday and they look fine now.I also mocked up the Harland Sharp roller rockers on one heads and the geometry looks fine as it did before.Only problem is he screwed me out of another $56.00 .He claims that the Milodon intake valves cost more than the Ferrera's.That is a straight up lie .The Milodon stainless intakes are $80.00 and the Ferreras are $120.00 (thats $40 less).Instead of giving me the $40 difference back he charged me another $56 .Is my math bad ? Here is what i think happened .He got the Milodons at his cost (which was the additional $56.00) and kept the Ferrera's that i paid for as an added bonus.My total to rebuild these heads $836.00 :Comp Double springs ,Comp retainers and 10 degree super locks ,new set of milodon stainless intake valves,and a set of shims ,three angle valve job ,and resurface them both.The shop that broke it off in me was BILL SPENCE ENGINES in Sherman Texas.Do yourself a favor and steer clear of him .Like i said they look fine now ,and i even pulled a few valves apart to inspect and reasembled .No complaints on the job in the end ,i just dont like being swindled out of $$ to pay for his mistake.Didnt really like paying extra money ,but i wanted my heads back ,so whatcha gunna do ? Atleast i can move on now ,just wanted to put the word out about this shop ...

Glad you got your stuff back. You are correct on the $$ he is a lying sumbitch. Sad to see a guy loose out on business for $56.00 that is crazy. Word of mouth is the biggest killer of businesses today.

just 3 mike,brian and ryan j lol

just 3???? LMAO I wouldn't let 1 of those 3 you mentioned (won't mention his name) put gas in my lawn mower let alone machine anything for me... There are a lot of very capable machinists/engine builders out there, most won't be found posting on the internet though.

Glad you got your stuff back. You are correct on the $$ he is a lying sumbitch. Sad to see a guy loose out on business for $56.00 that is crazy. Word of mouth is the biggest killer of businesses today.
Agreed on the "word of mouth thing".I am famous for free advertisement to those who cheat me.Its just my way of saying thanks ...

Thats why we are a MOPAR ONLY SHOP! We dont build anything and everything, we only do MOPAR! I hear this story all the time, and I see some messed up stuff from these shops that say"We do Mopars". Well they may "do" them, but they dont know crap about how the Mopar works. Anyone can build a SBC, I can do them with my eyes closed, but I Dont. I love my Mopars and thats all I'll do.

I wish you were closer.It would greatly benefit me to have a mopar expert engine machinist close by,or at least within 4 hours. The shipping to and fro with you would kill any deal we could make..All that is available locally is Lordco,and they are most definitely a chevy shop.

-
Back