Are these connectors available?

-

abgwin

Reaction score
Replaced the turn signal switch in my 66 Barracuda and found that the previous owner had once done the same, but didn't really finish the job correctly.

They spliced the wires into the connector block but broke the tabs that hold it together. Are these available new or reproduced? I couldn't find any, so hoping for some direction.

Would also appreciate any guidance on placing the signal canceling cam on the back of the steering wheel. I have no idea why, but they removed it from the wheel (along with several other pieces). A picture of how it relates to the spokes (2 spoke basic wheel) would be great.

Thanks!

Attachments

• junction box.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 217
Hey, welcome aboard! Good to see another local owner of a '66 Barracuda. I don't know anyone who has those connectors new but I should have a used one. The only way to eliminate the splice is to get a new switch or to install new terminals on the wires (if they're long enough) The metal cam it supposed to be mounted on the steering wheel and it also holds the horn contact in place. The tang sticking out should be mounted at the nine o'clock position with the wheel straight ahead.

They're called Packard 56 series male terminal 2971962. I have some left over, so just shoot me your address and how many you need and i'll pop em in an envelope and send em your way.

http://www.pcsconnectors.com/2971962.aspx

Edit* sorry, I re-read your post and was wondering if you are talking about the block or the pins? I have the pins, the Block connector is Chrysler Part number 2586590/2631318

I should clarify: the new switch has the proper connectors, which will do away with the splices. I'm just looking for the block.

Man I'm all confused, I was thinking the Block connectors to the bulk-head. Nevermind me.

Finally found it in the parts list. 2495542 is the package part number, insulator box and connectors. Any suggestions welcome.

-
Back