Are these mounts OK to use??

-

Kenflo

Reaction score
I bought these motor mounts from Summit, they are the Anchor brand mounts part number 2325 and 2326. The 2326 mount looks fine, the 2325 mount however has cuts in the sleeve! I thought this was a bad mount so I ordered a new pair through a local Napa store. Guess what? Same thing the 2325 mount has cuts in it and the other mount is fine. Here are some pics of the mount in question. Should I be using this mount? It's going in a Plymouth scamp 470hp/500tq 340 engine.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

slits are there to act as a "tab" to keep the center isolator from moving iirc.... I actually used to tack weld them in place when replacing them.

slits are there to act as a "tab" to keep the center isolator from moving iirc.... I actually used to tack weld them in place when replacing them.
If the slits are there to act as a "tab" than why Are there no slits in the other mount? I was wondering if the slits were to aid in installation of the sleeve?

I would send those back and call Schumacher custom whatever he calls it. Just get them from him.

Schumacher creative services IIRC.

I'll bet those are re-manned. And the slits are relief cuts.

If it were me, I would tack weld those slits and run em. Providing the rubber looks good.

The rubber does look good, these are brand new mounts, I had never thought of tack welding them, that is a good idea, thanks! It must be a standard practice I guess to put the cuts in, considering they were on two sets I seen so far, when tacked I will feel much better about them. The shumachers I am aware of, just want to stick with rubber due to vibration with the poly. I could fill the voids on this mount with polyurethane from a tube, not sure if this would be any "better" though?

I have decided to use my originals with energy suspension poly inserts. I burned out the old rubber and cleaned the sleeves with a brass wire wheel on my drill. Painted satin black. Here's some pics of the work done.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I just received my motor mounts and they are also the Anchor 2325 and 2326. I inspected them both and there are no slits in either one. Strange. They said they are new but they have scrapes and scratches like they been install already.

-
Back