Are these the clips i need?

-

vegasanthony

Reaction score
So on this widow trim..do i use these kind of clips?
20200604_101501.jpg
20200604_101508.jpg

On a 67 Dart there is a trim piece that goes there, that the door panel slides into. It is held on with screws.

I agree the square hole is odd. Maybe a press in clip? ( Just an example)

PSV-5103-2T.png

Edit. Agree... slot for screws, I didn't realize the photo of the slot was the same hole as the photo of the trim covering what looked like a square hole

Last edited:
load the clips into the door panel along that edge, if one of the clips doesn't line up with that hole, then that's not it.. are there any threads in there? IIRC there are three screws that hold the upper panel on that are "blind" once you put the door panel on

Disclaimer: It's very possible that I am remembering it wrong.

The upper door piece is held on by screws. The panel behind it is slotted so there's height adjustment. The screws have a course thread so the slot works fine.

Upper door panel trim on 73+ uses screws. There is not a hole for the screw, but a slot to allow for adjustment.

Upper door panel trim on 73+ uses screws. There is not a hole for the screw, but a slot to allow for adjustment.
Correct, all over these cars (my 67 Barracuda and my 69 Polara as well) there are slots like this for screws. Easier on production not having to hold the tolerances for a screw to hit a dimple on center.

Alan

-
Back