Are they gonna slip up.....

-
They make too much money "treating' it than they could if they would find the cure.

What would the Susan Komen breast cancer fund raisers do? They raise millions of dollars each year for cancer research. What will they do when there is a cure and we no longer need to raise money for research to cure it? All the doctors/technicians involved in chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery. PET scans and x-rays. Not to mention the expensive and many drugs for the treatment. Everybody has a piece of this.

Why cure it when you can make a living treating it? Job security...

It would be nice to see them find a cure. Cancer is a bad disease and kills many people. I've lost family members to it.

Myself as well. Lost family that is. I heard the other day "something" about using genetics to fight cancer. They way I got it, is they identify the specific DNA in YOUR personal cancer, and the whatever you call it "strains" that are possible, then device cells which can attack ONLY those DNA containing cells. Supposedly it has been working on some animal tests.

I've lost family members too. Both my parents to start. I see that my post was a waste of time.

I remain "optimistic" Rob about them finding a cure. I have a similar opinion about the economy if they find a cure. Imagine the amount of people out of work if a cure was found.
This link/thread really hit home for me as the lady has/had the same type of blood cancer that took Dad.
Thanks for posting.

This is great news :glasses7: Thank you for posting this Rob, they are saying that this can be dun (they hope) by one injection in the future 8)

He's British. They are real smart.
Naw, really.
So they have to figure a way to take out the immune system.
Then the measles viruses can do the trick.
Many things in life could be said to resemble that.

That's awesome!

What I find strange is that everyone talks about a "cure". First of all, there are many many different types of cancer. It will take many many different "cures" to wipe out the disease. Second, we need better "treatments" first. Hoping for a cure does nothing. We need to learn more about the genetic makeup of these cancers so better "treatments" can be developed. Once better treatments are available, then we can determine what causes them in the first place and hope to stop it from even happening.

There are some cancers(the more common cancers) that get a lot of funding and better treatments have been developed. Survival rates for those cancers have risen dramatically in the last 30 years. There are other rarer cancers that still have extremely high mortality rates.(brain and spinal cord cancers for instance) Brain cancer research needs a lot more funding.IMO

Good article Rob.

I am of the opinion that a cure for cancer exists right now and has for a long time. This may be narrow minded but I believe the pool is large enough. When was the last time you heard of any president since WW1 that eventually died of cancer. A couple have got cancer but they were cured. The POTUS would not be immune to cancer, but they would have an inside track to the cure.

Jack

They also are looked after very closely and get regular examinations. Early diagnosis is key.

They make too much money "treating' it than they could if they would find the cure.

What would the Susan Komen breast cancer fund raisers do? They raise millions of dollars each year for cancer research. What will they do when there is a cure and we no longer need to raise money for research to cure it? All the doctors/technicians involved in chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery. PET scans and x-rays. Not to mention the expensive and many drugs for the treatment. Everybody has a piece of this.

Why cure it when you can make a living treating it? Job security...

It would be nice to see them find a cure. Cancer is a bad disease and kills many people. I've lost family members to it.

Exactly what I told my Brother when he told me about that.

I am hopeful a "cure" can be found. Although, as posted earlier in this thread, there are many forms of cancer and there is unlikely to be one cure for all forms.
My wife is a two-time survivor, my best friend is a survivor, I lost my father and my mother (indirectly).
I believe economics certainly drives decisions in the medical community but the possible revenue of a "cure" is massive and a "cover-up" would have to be gigantic.
We are lucky that many researchers are driven by the best of intentions and there is hope.

Peter

^Ain't that the truth. Hope for the best with this, mom would still be alive!

-
Back