Are Vin tags ( I already own the car) able to be reproduced?

-

Kidd

Reaction score
I have a 70 Road Runner, bought it April 7, 1987. Drove it, raced it, wrecked it, and redone it.....LOL, It was registed to me,and legal.Well, I let the registration laps in 1992 I think. Car was in my garage.....in 2000, I started on the car, got a new dash, took the vins off it for the swap, stuck them somewhere........in 2004, was working on it again, new engine, trans....then my mom died.Here it is 2014, and I am NEEDING it to be mine again, BUT, if I cant find the vin for my car, can I have a new one made? I have an old registration for it, no pink, as my Xwife destroyed all of that. Is it possible? who does them? The vin should still be on the trunk area,so not trying to cheat.
Any help is welcome....my wife asked about it several years ago at the DMV, the lady said its out of the system.If I register it again, might make me work faster.LOL
Thanks,Andrew/Kidd

A lot of states put there own spin on this. But I would venture to say that without the original vin the car is basically worthless.

Its a yes or no question for me.....this is my car, been my car.its my fault for putting them in a safe place I cant remember.LOL
I hope no storm comes....just asking as I own it, and am not trying to make it anymore of anything than it is. If no, I will have to do it somehow is all. My highschool car will be again.

I need a VIN, I am sure I know where the fender tag is.Well......out to the garage to make sure.LOL

Prove it? As in post a copy of the old registration I have? .....

The VIN tag is probably gonna be an issue (better find the original), the fender tag you can get reproduced.

Ya, I hope it didnt get tossed out at some point.....I think a thourough cleaning is in order....was just wanting to know if I needed to get the ball rolling if it was a long process, as I know people have tryed to fake stuff.

No need for a **** storm, Kidd is as solid as any member on here, I will stake my name on it. Nothing shady going on here...

Find another thread to "contribute" to

Don't bring hard feelings from N&P in here; I'm just warning him on what is known to happen, given history. I wish the best for Kidd, hope he finds his tags.

think I will go out to the garage, and crank up come music, and start the search.Need to organise my attack plan for the new sheet metal anyhow.

Don't bring hard feelings from N&P in here; I'm just warning him on what is known to happen, given history. I wish the best for Kidd, hope he finds his tags.

I dont visit N&P, so not sure what yer talking about....
Glad you are hoping for the best

Steve, ya, I have an old registration IN MY NAME........

No build sheet......I am looking at this old registration right now.Same address too....LOL

Find a highway patrol guy at a coffee shop and ask him a "hypothetical" question. "My buddy owned this car, registered it and everything, but let it lapse. Then he swapped the dash because it got in a wreck and he lost the original dash plaquard with the VIN, then my, er, HIS wife destroyed all the registration papers. what can this guy do to get his car back on the road? I'm tired of looking at it...uh..in his garage that is..."

ask him a "hypothetical" question

Why lie to a police officer?

Tell the truth. If you apply for a state issued VIN, that will make the car legal again. A state cop will normally be the one to inspect it, so start with your state police.

Thanks TA ! I will stop by on Monday after work, The car is on the up and up, and if they can get me one issued, thats all I need.

-
Back