Are wheelhouse the same on a convertible?

-

RockyTop

Reaction score
I have a ' 67 Dart convertible that needs outer wheelhouse but the replacements listed at AMD appear to be different. Are the wheelhouses for a sedan and a convertible the same?

Convertible is convertible only from what I have been told. Something to do with the area on the top being shaped different because of the pump mounting bar. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Same to a point. They trimmed the top ( about a 4th of it ) off the standard wheel house and added a flat cap for vert.
If yours is only rusted away near the wheel well lip, standard replacement would provide a patch.

Same to a point. They trimmed the top ( about a 4th of it ) off the standard wheel house and added a flat cap for vert.
If yours is only rusted away near the wheel well lip, standard replacement would provide a patch.

Thanks RedFish,

I only need the area around the wheel lip, and a small portion where the wheelhouse and the trunk extension meet.

What he said. I used the lower portion from a 4 door to patch my convertible. I had to fabricate some of the metal for my rusted out cap. It isnt too hard to do.

-
Back