ARE YOU SERIOUS DUDE!? Put the crack pipe down!!

-
I always find it funny that people don’t realize that the value of their car is directly related to the rarest and most valuable example of their car. And the rarest and most valuable example needs to be absolutely correct to be at the top tier of value. If you don’t seek that level, these are not for you, but the person who needs them does, and his car is setting your value. Don’t think so? Just start adding up the parts you put on your car when you’re listing it for sale…$1000 for headers, $5k for engine work, $10k for nice paint, it all adds up. Doesn’t matter if it’s a /6 car that you’re stuffing a Hemi into, the Hemi holds the value that you will be asking should you decide to sell. If I saw an M code for sale for $90k but it had headers on it?……you can do the math on that!

Last edited:
to me , thats where two fools met , one for asking that , and the other for giving that ,-----jmo , ur results may vary .

These aren't isolated cases. I know of at least three other M-Code A-Bodies that have sold recently for between $80 - $100K. To buy a very clean one today, that's what it takes.

As you say, it's just your opinion. In this case it doesn't matter, as you were neither the guy with the car, or the guy with the cash.

It takes a real moron to spend 4 grand on exhaust manifolds for an A-body. Maybe for a 70 Hemi Cuda, maybe.
Hemi exhaust manifolds (and maxwedge)are reproduced. M-code 69 440 a-bodies arent. Believe it or not, $3600 is not an unreasonable price for the 1969 440 a-body version. BUT, the ones in the op's referenced ad are 67 383. 10-15 times more common. Maybe worth a quarter of asking price.
(There were MAYBE 300 set of the 440 manifolds produced, not used on ANYTHING else by mopar, ever. They also were described in every magazine at the time as being super restrictive. So, how many set got thrown in the trash, for headers? How many left?)

Hemi exhaust manifolds (and maxwedge)are reproduced. M-code 69 440 a-bodies arent. Believe it or not, $3600 is not an unreasonable price for the 1969 440 a-body version. BUT, the ones in the op's referenced ad are 67 383. 10-15 times more common. Maybe worth a quarter of asking price.
(There were MAYBE 300 set of the 440 manifolds produced, not used on ANYTHING else by mopar, ever. They also were described in every magazine at the time as being super restrictive. So, how many set got thrown in the trash, for headers? How many left?)

regardless, I would`nt give that for a 440 m code anyway , especially when I can and did build one that will outrun it for 1/3 the price
It s about performance for me , dont give a rats *** about originality , myself ---just sayin.

regardless, I would`nt give that for a 440 m code anyway , especially when I can and did build one that will outrun it for 1/3 the price
It s about performance for me , dont give a rats *** about originality , myself ---just sayin.

Since you're just sayin', please, do us a favor, and say it a third time, just in case someone didn't understand you yet.

Agreed, me too. And the 440 a bodies had their limitations from the factory. But, if you had one, originality would be very important. If your car was worth 80k with headers, and 100k with the right manifolds.......would you spend 4k for the right ones?
Its qiute possible to make that much difference to a collector. Thats WHY there are repop hemi and maxwedge manifolds.

Since you're just sayin', please, do us a favor, and say it a third time, just in case someone didn't understand you yet.
Thanks. The use of certain phrases instantly shows others the value of a person's opinion.

Agreed, me too. And the 440 a bodies had their limitations from the factory. But, if you had one, originality would be very important. If your car was worth 80k with headers, and 100k with the right manifolds.......would you spend 4k for the right ones?
Its qiute possible to make that much difference to a collector. Thats WHY there are repop hemi and maxwedge manifolds.

I can see that but for that amount of coin , I`d rather have a hellcat redeye ----------

Regardless of worth, the 67 castings, which those are, were the worst flowing of all three years produced. The 69 was the best. That said, if you need um, you need um.
Weren't the 67 manifolds so restrictive that the big block wound up putting out small block power?

I think those a-body 383s were rated at 300 (or was it 290?) compared to 325-335 for a normal 383. So yeah, they weren't the best, and all the magazines said so, and a bunch got replaced by headers. So for each set in the trash can, the remaining become more valuable. That said, that add is nuts, at least four times too high.

I always find it funny that people don’t realize that the value of their car is directly related to the rarest and most valuable example of their car. And the rarest and most valuable example needs to be absolutely correct to be at the top tier of value. If you don’t seek that level, these are not for you, but the person who needs them does, and his car is setting your value. Don’t think so? Just start adding up the parts you put on your car when you’re listing it for sale…$1000 for headers, $5k for engine work, $10k for nice paint, it all adds up. Doesn’t matter if it’s a /6 car that you’re stuffing a Hemi into, the Hemi holds the value that you will be asking should you decide to sell. If I saw an M code for sale for $90k but it had headers on it?……you can do the math on that!
TOTALLY AGREE!!
I looked at a 67 Barracuda FB 383 4 speed a few years ago. It was rough with a lot of missing parts, and it had a lot of rust. Oddly enough, it was on a used car lot here in town. It appeared to be an original, real deal car, but I did not research it further because he wanted $38,000 for it (as I remember). I told him that was too much, and he said, "These things are worth $80K when they are restored." I told him that his car was probably at least $100K away from being restored and worth the $80K he was talking about. It sat on his lot for quite a while.

TOTALLY AGREE!!
I looked at a 67 Barracuda FB 383 4 speed a few years ago. It was rough with a lot of missing parts, and it had a lot of rust. Oddly enough, it was on a used car lot here in town. It appeared to be an original, real deal car, but I did not research it further because he wanted $38,000 for it (as I remember). I told him that was too much, and he said, "These things are worth $80K when they are restored." I told him that his car was probably at least $100K away from being restored and worth the $80K he was talking about. It sat on his lot for quite a while.

there is a 68 barracuda setting about 2-3 miles from me , the guy wants $4500 for it ,its completely ate up , only things on it that are not totally rusted out , or bent bad are the windows and s/s trim around them , which is perfect , was/is a small block , interior is the worst I`ve ever seen .. non restorable in my opinion !

-
Back