Arlene Vanke's 68 Cuda at Carlisle !

-

383man

Reaction score
I remember seeing this Cuda race in 1969 and here it is all redone at Carlisle. So I had to get some pics of this bad machine. 8) Ron
59695067.jpg

He is going to be in Elkton, Minnesota on July 31st for
Engelhart performance 6th annual car show. I went last
year for the first time and it is open to all brands, but
it is mostly mopar. Dick Landy was there last year and so
was his 68 dart 440 race car. I also got to see the 68 Hemi
dart "red light bandit". First time I have ever saw a 68 Hemi
dart in person. There was also Sox and Martin's 70 Hemi cuda
race car that was found by Fred Engelhart in a salvage yard
in Iowa a few years ago. I will get some pics this year and post
some for you guys.

Hey barracuda340s, how far are you from Elkton? Have you been
to the Engelhart Performance car show? It is just a small town about
8 miles from Austin, Minnesota. The whole town fills up with mopars and
few others for the day, food, drink, and car show are free. Why don't ya
drive up?

Where do you live? I'm in Rochester, now but I'm planning on moving back to the Austin area. I saw Fred Engelhart's wife at the Coulee Region show in Wi. And she told me I need to come back again with my Duster even in the condition it's in! We missed last year's show but we'll be there this year!

Dave!

I live in Spring Valley, and work in Rochester, I will be there
with my dart and my buddy with his 69 cuda.

I have met Arlen and drank quite a few beers with the man, He comes to Monster Mopar weekend quite a bit. He is real good friends with the guy who owns the Mopar grave yard i go to.
Dont buy anything autographed from a vender that says Arlen Vanke, Wait till Sept. for MMW and get Arlen to sign it. Least then HE gets the cash for it and not someone else :thumrigh:

Are they gonna have a swap meet at that show or is it mainly a cruise/show. The more i dig into my duster the worse it's looking and I'm gonna need to find as many parts as I can.

Hey, small world, I work at Ameripride linen services, our company delivers your rugs at the store. I am the fill in guy that delivers when the regular driver is gone.

I'm in SE Iowa about 3 1/2 hours from the MN border. I would love to make a mopar event this year if I can. I don't have a lot of time off work so I have to plan carefully. I do plan on going to Monster Mopar weekend in St Louis.

-
Back