Army

-

phf

Reaction score
hello everyone. just wanted to say its been fun and very helpful to be a memmber of this great online community for the past 2 years, but on sept. 3 im shipping to Ft. Sill, OK for OSUT(One Station Unit Training) to begin my 3 year and 19 week service with the U.S. Army. I will not be able to visit this wonderful online community for the first 10 weeks or so because i will not have access to the internet, however as soon as the Basic Training part of OSUT is complete i will be allowed a cell phone(and i plan to purchase one with internet access). so, once again thanks to all of you guys and gals who have given me helpful advice and made me laugh at the "jokes, funny stuff" forum. good luck and God bless you all.

Pvt. Stanislav Ponomar
13B

First of all, thank you for what your doing. I was too young for Vietnam and too old for Desert Storm. Unfortunately our current circumstances dictate we have active enlistment. I wish you the best of luck on a life experience not many of us can relate to. Have a safe and productive tour my friend.

We'll be here for you when you can stop in.... 8)

Thanks for being here and
supporting our country Pvt. Stanislav Ponomar:salute:
I hope the next 10 weeks or so fly by for you.
You will be missed, :thumbrig:
Be safe and good luck on your One Station Unit Training:cheers:

I will have one for you when the time comes to enjoy a cold one.
To Pvt. Stanislav Ponomar :drinkers:

The military is a good place and they take care of you. I know Ihad a lot of fun when I was in the Navy. Take care of your self. The first few months is when they are the hadest on you but it is only to get you in shape and learn how thing worke. They will ease up on you after that. Good luck to you.

PR3 RIGGLE (USN)

Stan, good luck with your training and we look forward to hearing from you (which I am sure we will) in 10 weeks or so.

Hooooaaaaaahhhhh. Thank you for your Service, and also for being a REDLEG. I'm assuming Artillery, since it's Fort Sill, OK. I have been serving for 27 Years, and currently a Master Sergeant (and yes, Artillery the entire time). Nothing like those big guns when you need to blow something up :)

Take care of yourself, and listen to your Non-Commissioned Officers. They will guide you, train you, and ultimately mold you in the leader of tomorrow (which are always in short supply).

Always remember, as Audie Murphy said "You lead from the front..."

"To the Utmost".

Godspeed young Gun-Bunnie.

It seems like only yesterday (20 years ago actually) I was in Army Basic Training myself. I have had a diverse and enjoyable career. I am sure if you stick with it, you will too. The hard part will be the next 10 weeks (not hard at all, just do what you're told when you're told) and you will quickly see that is just gets better from there.

Thank you Stan for your upcoming service for our country and all the people in it. I'm sure we are all proud to have you as a member.

I wish you the best of luck. :)

Good luck, take care, keep your chin up and your head down. And take TWO toothbrushes, in case they make you use one on the latrine floor

Thank you for your service to our great country. Hard to believe it was way back in '71 that I went to Ft. Polk, LA, for both basic and AIT. As others have already said, just listen and follow instructions. The 10 weeks will be over before you know it. You won't believe the change in yourself when it's done.
Best of luck and godspeed.

Yes thank you for your service! I was stationed at Ft Sill back in 71, didn't know at the time I was being trained to work on nucleur missles, didn't even know the Army had nucs. I took an extra year to go to Germany to stay out of VietNam. Spent the next 2 1/2 years in Germany, are you staying stateside?
Thanks again Bruce

BWDART ARE YOU An X 15-E ???????? PERSHING
I was fort sill 78 boot 79 -82 Germany 82 -83 fort sill 83-87 germany
87-89 fort sill DI 1/31 fatc tradoc 89-91 fort wayne rec .

Well good luck man , Just do what your told and set the pace ( RED LEG )
Fire for effect !!!!!!

Thank you for your serivce to our country! I salute you and I am very proud of you and all of our military personell.

Good luck and check in when you can!

-
Back