around the bonfire

-
we haven't gone thru moms photo collection yet ya'll are gonna love the one of my Mom In her Bob Banning Dodge funnycar t shirt...it'll prolly end up in the mopar babes thread LoL Mom and Dad were friends with Bob her old belvedere came from his dealership in Hyattsville Maryland where I rode down on my Schwinn sting ray five speed bike and bought my first slant six camshaft thru the direct connection program...when I got older I had good grades and was offered a scholorship thru the Motech program and I didn't know if I had what it took to make it so I chickened out...looking back I wasn't cut out to be a factory tech and just didn't know where the money would come from...we didn't live beyond our means so I just was scared to try

well today is gonna be a get together of family and friends as a celebration of Life for my mom, I fired up the bonfire last night so I would have some good coals for the smoker today...got werkin around the Flip Flop Inn changing lightbulbs and cleanin her up my friend Danielle and one of her friends showed up to help me test the hot tubb and the beer temperature

Attachments

• flip flop inn 001.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 99
  • flip flop inn 005.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 84
  • flip flop inn 003.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 85
  • flip flop inn 004.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 59
  • flip flop inn 008.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 75
  • flip flop inn 009.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 94
  • flip flop inn 002.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 94
  • flip flop inn 010.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 79
I think mom inflicted me with the mopar madness...maybe more so than my dad...he always did the speed limit, mom liked to blow the carbon out of the old Plymouths...Dad always kept her in a nice Plymouth of some sorts..i remember dads yeller dodge dude pickup and my uncle joes green 383 66 charger but when I was around 7 or 8 my dad had gotten mom an old 64 or 65 belvedere it had the pushbutton tranny. mom was takin us to prince georges plaza for shopping one day and we were at the light when a hugger orange Camaro with cragars came rumbling up next to us..they was gunnin the engine and had the music crankin...me and sis egged mom on a bit cause we seen her push the button for first floor and had her finger on second floor when the light turned green....Mom sure could cut a good light....me and my sister was plastered to the back seat waving bye bye as the Camaro's tires went up in smoke tryin to catch up...when we got to the next light the guy in the Camaro asked mom whats under the hood....as she was poking first floor she just calmly leaned over and said "A MOTOR"...and we was gone again.....needless to say it had a max wedge....no promices but I'll try to find pic's when we go thru her albums

Sorry to hear about your mom Waggs.

My mon has a great story about when she out ran a Honolulu detective one night in dad's old 62 Sport Fury Convertible. It also had a push button trans and a big block (361 4bbl). My mom's a little like yours: Dad kept her in Plymouths, and she was known to have a heavy foot.

My brother had a picture of a funny car doing a burnout on his shirt when we were young. We used to say, "That's mom late for her tennis game..." Coincidentally we only lived like 1/4 mile from the health club that she played tennis at....

-
Back