ARRG!!! Why do the mopar gods do this to me?!

-

Useless

Reaction score
A few weeks ago another guy in town with a Valiant stopped by the house, I knew of his car but we had never met. He's got a fairly clean '64 Valiant hardtop, 225 auto, new interior, small bolt ralleys, cool car.

Anyway, I had a little while to talk to him and look at his car, then he tells me he has always wanted a Valiant convertible and asks me if I wanted to sell my '63, which I declined to do.

So this afternoon I'm out mowing the yard once again and he stops by to ask if I want to sell my convertible yet, which I decline agian. He said he's thinking about selling his '64 to get a convertible or a wagon and asks me if I'd be interested in trading my '63 for his '64.

So... against my better judgement I said I'd think about it and stop by so each of us could look the other car over. #-o I've always been a trader, for some reason I can't just say no from the get go.

I really like the convertible and don't think I'll trade, but it'd be so nice to not to deal with all the rust my car has and have the interior work already done even though my car has already been converted to BBP with front discs and has v8 torsion bars/leaf springs.

So... I'm sorta firm on keeping my car.... I think :-D

Firm..... as a rock on a foam mattress........Tied down with a bungee.

Believe me, we know the feelin'. :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

I think I'd have to pass on it due to the need of material he doesn't have. IF he upgraded to your level or presented cash as a way to level out the deal.....................

Not for a vert, Wheres the cash? I learned never do those thinks fast, think things out. Verts are too hard to come by to treat casually imho.

I've pretty much decided not to trade. I looked his car over, it's nice and much less rusty than mine, but all the hard work has been done on mine other than the cowl and 1/4 rust...... I've gotta keep the 'vert.

After all, I bought this one because I still missed the '63 Dart 'vert I sold in 2002!

-
Back