Article for Disc Brake conversion

-

cchrishefish

Reaction score
I was reading over this article for a disc brake conversion on my 64 Dart GT. It has some really good information. I will not do the conversion this year since I have already purchased $1700 worth of upgrades for my car. I like the fact that part numbers and sources are listed which is very helpful. I believe that the Scarebird conversion kit would be a better option for me along with a dual master cylinder swap with new lines from inline tube and a proportion valve adjuster. My car is for street use.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/convert-mopar-body-front-disc-brakes/

1960-72 Dodge, Plymouth "A" body, with 9" drums Wheel Kit

1964-65 Dodge A-Body Dual Master Conversion Master Cylinder Lines with

Product List

Block, OE Steel

1971-74 Mopar Car Disc Brake Master Cylinder, Without Hemi

Last edited:
I noticed that the Scarebird kit indicates that it will not clear the factory sway bar. Has anyone tried out this kit?

DISC-O-TECH: Stop on a dime from Mopar Action and Rick Ehrenberg
I have the scarebird kit. While i dont have a sway bar its a nice cheap kit if you buy just the plates and source the other parts yourself. They cleared the factory 14" drum rims with a little caliper grinding. Ive had them for about 5 years but the lack or rim options has me collecting parts for factory big bolt brake setup. The article i linked is one that includes everything you need for a factory swap.

DISC-O-TECH: Stop on a dime from Mopar Action and Rick Ehrenberg
I have the scarebird kit. While i dont have a sway bar its a nice cheap kit if you buy just the plates and source the other parts yourself. They cleared the factory 14" drum rims with a little caliper grinding. Ive had them for about 5 years but the lack or rim options has me collecting parts for factory big bolt brake setup. The article i linked is one that includes everything you need for a factory swap.
Nice article, this requires the large bolt pattern and a little more work. I would have to change my rearend to the large pattern or buy wheel adaptors to retain my current rims. This is something that needs to be decided ahead of time. Or you will need to buy yourself a second set of rims.

-
Back