ASD Relay comes on for 2 seconds then shuts off

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
Sound like the security module to you guys? I fed 12 volts to the PCM and the throttle body hunts for home and the asd relay powers up but she shuts right off. I'm not fully wired yet so I don't have my ALDL connector wired up so I can't hook a scanner up yet so I don't know if skim is enabled.

man that's a tough one. I would get the ALDL wired. And go from there. Isn't there a light on the dash if the skim is invalid? (never had to deal with it before) I wonder if there is a pin out on your pcm that turns on the light. If so look for a voltage there. If there is voltage I would say yes the skim is active. I can't look at it until tomarrow night but I can see what the service manual says. What is the pcm out of?

06 SRT Charger but it's a b&g flashed pcm. The manual says that if skim doesn't see a valid code from the skreem module it will disable the engine after 2 seconds so I'm betting it's the skim keeping it from starting.

ever thought about installing the security stuffand using it in your car? That would be cool. I don't know the range of the RFID though. I wonder if you could mount the module behind the dash and make it work.

Most chrysler products, the ASD relay will only turn on for a few seconds when the key is only turned to the RUN postion to prime the fuel pump and sytem. When you go to start and once you have a RPM signal to the PCM, it then commands the ASD will stay on the whole time the engine is running. In other words the ASD will only stay on when the PCM sees a RPM signal on most Chryslers.

Most chrysler products, the ASD relay will only turn on for a few seconds when the key is only turned to the RUN postion to prime the fuel pump and sytem. When you go to start and once you have a RPM signal to the PCM, it then commands the ASD will stay on the whole time the engine is running. In other words the ASD will only stay on when the PCM sees a RPM signal on most Chryslers.
I don't get a fuel pump signal either. I also have no start output to starter even in the crank position. I think I'm fighting skim and the fact that there is no p/n signal from the shifter also. I just got my cmr software up and running again so I will be able to disable skim and tcm when I go to work on it again.

ever thought about installing the security stuffand using it in your car? That would be cool. I don't know the range of the RFID though. I wonder if you could mount the module behind the dash and make it work.
I have been looking at adding the skim but I would need to use the cluster also. From what I read the rfid in the chip changes and it's stored in the cluster.

I have been looking at adding the skim but I would need to use the cluster also. From what I read the rfid in the chip changes and it's stored in the cluster.

John,
I do not think you will need the cluster. 5.7dart got his 68 up and running using the factory harness and did not have the theft disabled. I believe he just used the key and SKIM module and had it up under the dash. you may want to PM him and try and get the details.
I do believe you are running up against the theft.

-
Back