Ash tray/ Somtimers intervention needed

-

2 Darts

A-body Addicted
Reaction score
My intermittent Alzheimer's is acting up. I removed ash receiver assembly to do some work behind the dash and can't remember how to re-install it. I searched for help, but photos are not available. (Note to self: Photos that are linked into FABO from Photobucket, et. al. can vanish. Those that I download from my computer stick around.) If someone, with a good Macro lens on their camera, would be so kind to post a close up photo of a 67-76 A-body installed ash receiver with the door & tray removed, it might be enough to stir my addled gray matter sufficiently.

I think there is a u shaped channel or groove in the back bottom of the tray that the small rod fits into then you depress the tab on the ashtray itself while pushing the tray in.

That's nice. I've been after a radio that doesn't require an engineering degree to operate and require that I take my eyes off the road for several minutes to adjust.

That's nice. I've been after a radio that doesn't require an engineering degree to operate and require that I take my eyes off the road for several minutes to adjust.

its funny you mention, I have been hanging on to the "old school" cassette units that I had over the years. A lot of them were good for the time, Alpine, JVC, Pioneer. they still work and are period correct mods IMO.

Have only played it a couple times, since I don't have the antenna on and the car hasn't left the driveway yet, but sounded decent enough. I've got it on one of those stereo 2-in-one speakers that replaces the original dash speaker. Paid more for the speaker than I did the raidio.

Amen to that. Majority of OEM head units aren't so bad once their preset buttons, etc.., "programming" is done. Of course if you're like me and pull the neg' batt' cable from your classis regularly, preset becomes re-preset. The aftermarket units like found at Walmart require a copilot in the passengers seat. I love/hate my Kenwood. ***** rocks but after 5 years I know no more than how to load and eject a disc.

-
Back