Ashtray Light for 68 Barracuda

-

Barracuda Bum

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if you could get a light in the Ashtray of a 68 Barracuda? I believe this ashtray was used only for this year. Irregardless I dont see a mounting hole for an ashtray light. So im not sure if it was available in 68. I know AO1 was available but im not sure if it included an ashtray light for that year. Any help greatly appreciated.

Yes was available on all a bodys in 68 farily rare option though . We have complete ash trays with the light socket if you are looking for one. PM us if you need more details.

Believe it or not, The bulb socket was placed remotely and a fiber optic strand was used to transmit the light to the ashtray.

Believe it or not, The bulb socket was placed remotely and a fiber optic strand was used to transmit the light to the ashtray.

my 68 fastback had a factory light screwed in under the dash that shined in the ash tray. the new 68 383 form S barracuda I bought as a young man, did not have a light in the console ash tray.

Yup, Fiber optic chord from the rear of the ash tray bracket/slide. Got my 68 GTS dash apart now, rebuilding it. See here...

Attachments

• WIN_20160316_100044.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 80
  • WIN_20160316_100017.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 89
Thanks to all who responded so quickly to my posting. Thanks for explaining the setup to me Redfish & I really appreciate the pics MoparMitch! I looked at my 68 ashtray many times trying to figure out how a light could be mounted to it. Have to be honest i was stumped, thanks again for sharing the info with me.

-
Back