[FOR SALE] Ask and you shall recieve! (Flip Top Gas cap Adapter)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. 73Dust................xPM sent
2. Badlilred79 X2 PM sent..............paid and confirmed!..........shipped!
3. 70-duster PM sent
4. Hotwheelsjr.........xPM sent........paid and confirmed!...........shipped!
5. Oldkimmer PM sent...................paid and confirmed!...........shipped!
6. The Toad.............x PM sent
7. Irazor PM sent
8. Scampin around...x PM sent.....paid and confirmed!.............shipped!
9. Gastona...............x PM sent
10. jw133489...........x PM sent....paid and confirmed!..............shipped!
11. TNT440 Cbody....x PM sent....paid and confirmed!..............shipped!
12. Jimmyray...........x
13. Chaps70rt
14. Oldkimmer
15. Phish1270
16. Vengeance2die4
17. Furydan
18. Oneway71
19. 65terrorcuda
20. 38 Dodge
21. cjk688
22. Scamp 408
23. 71Duster

MOPARDRT: Did you get it installed? Sorry I didnt mean to ignore you. Didnt catch that post.

The best generic advice I can offer has been covered in the first page. But basically.. Make sure that the spacer is centered to the flip top lid. Reason: the spring loaded seal needs to sit centered in order to seal properly.
Other than that...
Take your time!!!!! Make sure to center everything up very carefully.
Again be sure to check out the first page.
Thanks.

Hey Gary. I am getting the rest of them made still. I have been going down the list. Your time will come young Jedi! LOL

NOTE : Please everyone take a few seconds leave me a feedback score. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.
FABO ROCKS!

1. 73Dust................xPM sent.......paid and confirmed!..........shipped!
3. 70-duster PM sent
6. The Toad.............x PM sent.....paid and confirmed!...........shipped!
7. Irazor PM sent
9. Gastona...............x PM sent
12. Jimmyray...........x
13. Chaps70rt
14. Oldkimmer
15. Phish1270
16. Vengeance2die4
17. Furydan
18. Oneway71
19. 65terrorcuda
20. 38 Dodge
21. cjk688
22. Scamp 408
23. 71Duster

Hope to have the next batch this weekend.

Hey Gary. I am getting the rest of them made still. I have been going down the list. Your time will come young Jedi! LOL

NOTE : Please everyone take a few seconds leave me a feedback score. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.
FABO ROCKS!

I tried leaving feedback for ya, however I must be doing something wrong LOL .. it keeps telling me the 'deal url is invalid' So until I get it figured out here is some instant gratification feedback for you and to anyone reading..

This adapter is a well thought out, well made, high quality piece.. It delivers on exactly whats promised.. an easy and painless way to put a fliptop gas cap on an a-body (or I would imagine just about any other Mopar) that didnt come with one from the factory, and have it look like it belongs.. Its well worth the money, and I highly recommend to anyone thinking about getting one.. Further, 4mulaSvaliant is a great member of this site, very easy and friendly to deal with..

Hope that helps some.. and I think either we need more pics of the caps installed with these adapters posted here (see mine a page or two back) or maybe even start a thread specifically devoted to fliptop gas caps installed using this adapter.. whats everyone else think?

Thanks dude! Very appreciated! Not for buisness sake, just for the ego! LOL Just kidding of course.

I agree about the pics. I ask anyone and everyone to please post pics of the cap installed on your car.
1. I like to see them!
2. It helps other people see whether they want it or not. Body color and whatnot may help them to decide ya know.

Please keep the pics on here rather than starting a new thread. Itll be one more place I have to keep track of people wanting me to add them from! :)

As for feedback...... I have a feeling that because this thread was not originally started in the "Classifieds" that the URL address isnt allowed to be considered a "sale" thread.

Maybe Ill start a feedback / lead / sale ad and keep it running and link it to this page through my signiture. That way you guys have a "sale thread" to referance when it asks for the thread to sale.
Ill see what I can do today and let you all know.
Thanks again to all of you.
This time Im going to try to hold on to the proceeds and get my paint and body supplies so I can finish my damn Valiant!

Looks like I should be near the top of the list for the next batch. I see 3 guys still have not replied though, here is to hoping. I can barely wait.....

1. 73Dust................xPM sent.......paid and confirmed!..........shipped!
3. 70-duster PM sent
6. The Toad.............x PM sent.....paid and confirmed!...........shipped!
7. Irazor PM sent
9. Gastona...............x PM sent.....paid and shipped!
12. Jimmyray...........x
13. Chaps70rt
14. Oldkimmer
15. Phish1270
16. Vengeance2die4
17. Furydan
18. Oneway71
19. 65terrorcuda
20. 38 Dodge
21. cjk688
22. Scamp 408
23. 71Duster
24. Kirkw810

1. 70-duster............. PM sent.....yet to reply
2. Irazor ..................PM sent.....yet to reply
3. Jimmyray..............PM sent.....paid
4. Chaps70rt.............PM sent.....paid
5. Oldkimmer
6. Phish1270
7. Vengeance2die4
8. Furydan
9. Oneway71
10. 65terrorcuda
11. 38 Dodge
12. cjk688
13. Scamp 408
14. 71Duster
15. Kirkw810

Awesome. I like it so much better than the gas cap that was loose fitting and also difficult to remove.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

5559490070_00daf243f7_z.jpg

5558912427_4fab049416_z.jpg

5558913069_4d0b946918_z.jpg

Now if it'll stop the gas from running down the side of my car when I fill up, that will make it doubly worth it! 8)

I bet I get better MPG too now that the gas won't be evaporating out of my tank, and the car will be faster too because when you add chrome, that makes your car faster. :burnout: :usa2::evil4:

Awesome. I like it so much better than the gas cap that was loose fitting and also difficult to remove.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

5558912427_4fab049416_z.jpg

Now if it'll stop the gas from running down the side of my car when I fill up, that will make it doubly worth it! 8)

I bet I get better MPG too now that the gas won't be evaporating out of my tank, and the car will be faster too because when you add chrome, that makes your car faster. :burnout: :usa2::evil4:

That looks great! I am so close, I can't take it! I am 2 down the list.
I never knew that about chrome, but I can see the logic.

Going to pick up the other batch right now!!!! Ill PM the next guys on the list once I get back with them!!!!!

3. Jimmyray..............PM sent.....paid......shipped
4. Chaps70rt.............PM sent.....paid......shipped
5. Oldkimmer
6. Phish1270
7. Vengeance2die4
8. Furydan
9. Oneway71
10. 65terrorcuda
11. 38 Dodge
12. cjk688
13. Scamp 408
14. 71Duster
15. Kirkw810
16. Dustoff440

Well I have unfortunately had a quality issue with this last group of products I have sold and delivered! It was brought to my attention this weekend that one of the adapters recently sent out was unable to be mounted due to poor tolerances.
As you all know I have a "new" machinist and didnt know what to expect. I should have checked his work better before I shipped and I have to be honest it didnt even cross my mind.
Like any fabricated parts I have tolerances for my item and those have apparently not been followed very well.
If I understood correctly, the recess that the filler neck sits in was not large enough nor deep enough to allow the adapter to fit over the filler neck let alone sit flat to the mounting surface.

Because of this recent finding I ask that all of you that recently purchased an adapter, please check to make sure it fits.

If it does not fit, I will refund you a few dollars to send it back to me so I can have the machinist FIX it, and I will of course send you another that I will have checked to be an accurate and correct part.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and any trouble this may cause. Please know I WILL........... MAKE IT RIGHT!
If you look over the many pages of this thread and a few threads out there, I am very easy to work with and will make sure you are happy with the result at the end.
Please contact me via PM to let me know if you have an ill fitting adapter.
I will contact you asap and we can go from there.

Again, I apologize for this issue.

As for the adapters I picked up today.... I plan to take them to work tomorrow and check the measurements with a set of calipers to make sure they are correct. If they are acceptable, I will move forward with a few guys on the list but will be holding a few for any replacements I may need to send right away to those who have payed already and received a poor quality product.

Again, I have contacted a second machinist and hope to have these issues solved and not be a problem in the future.

Thank you guys.
All I ask is that you dont bash my product on the site and give me a chance to make it right.
Thanks again FABO... Ill make this right!:toothy8:

Bad News!

I have checked all of the adapters picked up yesterday and they are ALL wrong! Not one of them will fit over the fillerneck!
I will be contacting the machinist ASAP to get them fixed.
This leads me to believe that ALL of the previous adapters are incorrect as well.
Very upset about this!

Again, please see the post above by me..... I will make the situation right just please contact me and we will go from there.
Thanks

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY THE MACININST! ALL OF THESE HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE SAME PROGRAM AND ARE BUILT INCORRECTLY!
SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!:angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5:

TNT440_CBODY: Did you have to modify your to fit it? If so I am incredibly sorry.

I have sent a "damage control" PM to all that have bought one recently.
Please contact me asap! Thanks guys.

I am also interested in purchasing the adapter. Thanks

The only thing that is a possible issue with mine is that maybe the depth is off. The FUEL cap's latch area is close, possibly touching the body of the car. I went and checked it again after seeing your post yesterday and noticed that. The fit around the filler neck seemed ok, and was actually loose so I could center it where I felt it was right. I will check again when I get home, maybe it is not fully seated against the body as I did smell gas for the first time while driving it yesterday...

I will take some pics and email them to you and measure anything you want me to with my digital calipers.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the new machinist. :cry:

3. Jimmyray..............PM sent.....paid......shipped
4. Chaps70rt.............PM sent.....paid......caught prob...now at machinist!
5. Oldkimmer
6. Phish1270
7. Vengeance2die4
8. Furydan
9. Oneway71
10. 65terrorcuda
11. 38 Dodge
12. cjk688
13. Scamp 408
14. 71Duster
15. Kirkw810
16. Dustoff440
17. 64X2

Update: Latest batch of adapters are back at the machinist and beiing corrected. Hope to have them back in the next day or so! Ill be sure to send all replacements and then any left over will be used as normal and Ill go down the list. I will also be getting another batch made asap to fill all the requests!

Thanks guys and please contact me after checking the fit if you just received one from me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back