Asking for opinions again...

-

DroVal

Reaction score
I posted this awhile back as a CL find and some gave their thoughts on it, but I wanted to ask again because the price has gone down to $1200. I will be moving to Alabama in a month or two and want to take something with me instead of buying something there that is all rusted out. I'm not saying that cars can't be found there without rust, but I would rather not take the chance and end up having to settle for something with rust issues.

How hard is it going to be for me to find parts to put this wagon back together? Is it worth it or do you think I should keep looking for something that needs less work? If I have to spend a little more to get more car I am willing to do so, but won't have the money for that option for about a month or so (not going into the details, but I am waiting on an inheritance to make my move to Alabama and to use if needed to buy a more expensive car). I have the money for this car now. There aren't very many options popping up lately in the Wagon market and I would really rather have a Wagon more than anything else.

The other thing that I am having trouble deciding on is whether or not to buy something and trailer it there behind the Uhaul or by something that can haul a small trailer and travel light. Still haven't made up my mind on this one. Not sure yet what all will be going with me when I move.

As I have mentioned before I am new, basically, when it comes to having to do any major work on cars, which is why I am asking for opinions. As always, thank you all for the info. and help. Have a good one!

DroVal

here is the ad for the car. Can upload pics if needed

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3833255136.html

asking $1200.. maybe you can get it for even less. gonna be hard to sell a smashed car. the front end parts will be a lot easier to get then the rear end parts thats for sure.. if you can find a real good body guy i'll bet he can straighten out that rear metal for ya.. probably gonna cost ya though...

3K13M13H25Nd5F25M8d5r733aa4f0791b1ccc.jpg

3K73Ma3J85L55I35J5d5re6f1c5b46c4516ff.jpg

3E93K33He5Ie5K45M9d5r7e137f35ceb91945.jpg

3E33L53J75Ea5J55M5d5r87904b8784b91a73.jpg

Thank you for the reply Joe. Think I'm going to pass on it again. Thought about things more last night after I posted and I really need to have something reliable once I get where I'm going and I'm not sure how long it will be before I have to be out of the house. I don't want to get stuck with it and have to rush to move if it comes up.

That is a real clean car! Too bad about the quarter. Does it drive straight? Any framerail damage, or is it just the skin that's damaged? It's impossible to really assess the damage from these pictures, but if it's just skin damage, I'd be tempted to pick it up cheap ($800) and do your best to pull that damage out, and replace the fender. Lot easier to do that than to find a rust-free car that's that nice. Even if you end up with some mud in the quarter to straighten it out the last little bit, that could still be one heck of a nice car. Maybe you can get it for even less than $800, sure worth a shot.

Just my opinion. If there's any framerail damage or it doesn't drive right, I'd probably pass at any price, not worth messing with.

I viewed a 64 Signet vert for 500 here which was straight but rusted and i turned it down.

On another note, funny thing about what people think of desert finds, they may not be rusted but replacing every bit of plastic or rubber is a must

I viewed a 64 Signet vert for 500 here which was straight but rusted and i turned it down.

On another note, funny thing about what people think of desert finds, they may not be rusted but replacing every bit of plastic or rubber is a must

Yeah, we basically just swap one monster for the other.

-
Back