ASOLUTE Dream car... 6 Cylinder '70 Duster/Demon

-
That this Idea would be found so Offensive to a bunch of guys that put Whatever they can get their Hands on into a car... TOns of your cars are something they "Are Not"

I agree this is taking it to a whole other Level, I just thought that Playing with car Ideas would have been a little more well Recieved that's all.

I Would prefer to Fabricate ALL of the parts Myself and Build it out of a Slant Six. @ 23 with 4 years of Machining Experience I would Love to Prove to myself I can do a Complete "No Holds Barred" Race-Prep Fab Car. Still would be AWD (Probably out of a Ram Charger) Still Twin Turbo'd or Supercharged. Possibly a Weiand Blown or TT'ed 340. Maybe Viper 6-speed. Still Dressed up as an Annoyingly BLATANT Knock-Off Clone. And still Dessimate All of you in Built 440's All Damn Day. Anywhere. Everywhere.

That is THE Point. I want a Mopar that No CAR can touch. None. Even an MC12 or an Ascari. Duhh. This is a place for Car dreams so you don't have to Like it... But come on Ya'll aint gotta try so much to Disrespect the feeling..

Remember those Model Car's you could buy like:
the Can't-am races
the McLapper

and various Spin Offs that where Insanely Over the top and Misporportioned PARODY cars.

I want to drive a car that is like that. A car that NO MAN has driven one like before. So I am offended by you guys Disregard for this as a Legitimate Driving Machine.

If everyone really left their cars alone, there would be a Bunch of Cheap Ugly Lame peices of crap on the Road. I LOVE 60s & 70s MOPARS with All my Heart and want one that will Smoke a ZR-1 Vette at the track. Explain how you guys would accomplish this... Without looking Like a Disrespectable "Teenager"

I will not be another. "Put a 360 in it" Sheep...

That this Idea would be found so Offensive to a bunch of guys that put Whatever they can get their Hands on into a car... TOns of your cars are something they "Are Not"

I agree this is taking it to a whole other Level, I just thought that Playing with car Ideas would have been a little more well Recieved that's all.

I Would prefer to Fabricate ALL of the parts Myself and Build it out of a Slant Six. Still would be AWD (Probably out of a Ram Charger) Still Twin Turbo'd or Supercharged. Maybe Viper 6-speed. Still Dressed up as an Annoyingly BLATANT Knock-Off Clone.

Remember those Model Car's you could buy like:
the Can't-am races
the McLapper

and various Spin Offs that where Insanely Over the top and Misporportioned.

I want to drive a car that is like that. A car that NO MAN has driven one like before. So I am offended by you guys Disregard for this as a Legitimate Driving Machine.

If everyone really left their cars alone, there would be a Bunch of Cheap Ugly Lame peices of crap on the Road. I LOVE 60s & 70s MOPARS with All my Heart and want one that will Smoke a ZR-1 Vette at the track. Explain how you guys would accomplish this... Without looking Like a Disrespectable "Teenager"

Whatever floats your boat, nothing wrong with your ideas.

All I gotta say Is: "I hope you have an endless bank account for all of that stuff."

Whatever floats your boat, nothing wrong with your ideas.

All I gotta say Is: "I hope you have an endless bank account for all of that stuff."

Ha I who isn't gonna have one of those "Some day" :clock:

I tottaly Have checked your car out a few times now and am Absolutely a Fan! Like most Peoples Cars in here that they have gotten a chance to "Get their Hands on" some cool Mopar Stuff! :cheers:

SO, for now I will Re-Furbish my Awesome Example of a Neat-O Factory 60s Mopar. And do Light Era Appropriate Mods to make it more Competitive in Auto Cross and Smoke my Buddies S2000 with my #'s matching 273 Screaming!!!8)

Then don't do that.

But you have to understand something....we are MOPAR!

Most of us are brand loyal...what Ma Mopar gave us through the years is what we will use. period correct (not 100 point restoration....hot rodding too).

What you want to do is totally foreign (pun intended).

Don't talk about it...just do it. And show us progress pics.

Until then, it's stupid talk.

Sorry.

SO, for now I will Re-Furbish my Awesome Example of a Neat-O Factory 60s Mopar. And do Light Era Appropriate Mods to make it more Competitive in Auto Cross and Smoke my Buddies S2000 with my #'s matching 273 Screaming!!!8)

Everything that yot have posted is SCREAMING with "how can I keep up my my friends ricers".

Sell the Dart and play at their level. That is what you really want to do. It's not that hard to figure out.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second.

Most of us have aftermarket parts on our cars including but not limited to:
suspension, ignition, alternators, stereos that are not even mopar reproductions.
I personally have stuff on my car that was made in china...water pump, electric fan and crap like that from the parts store.

Would we be so harsh if he was talking about building a duster with an alterkation front end and independent rear suspension with a ford t5 trans or something like that.

NOW, I say throw a duster body on a AWD v8 magnum chasis....THAT WOULD be some cool stuff. whippin through some chicanes at 1.4 Gs
That's a wicked googly!!!

ok i'm done

Might get a better response if you leave the 'lingo' and stream-of consciousness rambling out and just try and write in a language everyone can understand. People are open to all sorts of ideas here if you can present them in a way they can relate to.

Like... "Hey guys, I'm really interested in a turbo or supercharged Duster that's built to handle but looks like a sleeper. What do you all think?"

Just a thought.

suspension, ignition, alternators, stereos that are not even mopar reproductions.
I personally have stuff on my car that was made in china...water pump, electric fan and crap like that from the parts store.

Would we be so harsh if he was talking about building a duster with an alterkation front end and independent rear suspension with a ford t5 trans or something like that.

NOW, I say throw a duster body on a AWD v8 magnum chasis....THAT WOULD be some cool stuff. whippin through some chicanes at 1.4 Gs

ok i'm done

Yeah really, at least he likes old school Mopars.

If he's got some gnarly turbo lawnmower engines powering each wheel independently screaming with the sound of Jim Carrey making the most annoying dumb and dumber noise ever, and it still smokes a ZR-whatever the heck they are called Vette, may God smile upon him for a job well done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs&feature=related

Everything that yot have posted is SCREAMING with "how can I keep up my my friends ricers".

Sell the Dart and play at their level. That is what you really want to do. It's not that hard to figure out.

I like this topic of discussion... It all got started when I got Mega Stoned and read the "CLONES" thread...

I hear you man. I am a Mopar guy! All I want is an Insanely well Performing Track Mopar.

And to Everyone who understands my point. Thank you! I will work on my "Lingo" for some of you.
Yes I am Young and Foolish!
Yes I will also own an Evo one day.
I Do have friends with Japanese "Ricers"
and German Sportscars
and Classic Mopars
and Pre Runner Trucks
and All kinds Motorcycles.
Whatever!?!?!
I will not stand for you telling me I shouldn't be driving a Mopar..

My Sport Compact 67 Dart GT, CAN and DOES keep up with them on Mountian Roads. and I Look Cooler doin it in my Book! and lots of Girls I know's eyes too. I built the car myself do all my own work in my garage.

So I do not know who you think you're talkin too pal.

My Heart is a Penti-Star. I have seen the X-Rays!

This is a Man yur talkin to Budday!

You're a hoot Madmax and I say if ya want to build it go ahead and keep us updated, we like pictures. I'm a personal fan of Ed Roth, I share his last name, from the 60's and love most of his stuff. http://www.bigdaddyroth.com/
They all said Ed was a little, or a lot, over the top in his day but I've always said that Ed was "imagination gone wild", I only wish his company would do a monster driven 71 Demon.

Terry

You're a hoot Madmax and I say if ya want to build it go ahead and keep us updated, we like pictures. I'm a personal fan of Ed Roth, I share his last name, from the 60's and love most of his stuff. http://www.bigdaddyroth.com/
They all said Ed was a little, or a lot, over the top in his day but I've always said that Ed was "imagination gone wild", I only wish his company would do a monster driven 71 Demon.

Terry

YESS. Roth was THE MAN. Before his time. a True Artist! OMG, much respect and admiration. Him & Jim Phillips (SC Local) Made that time period SOOO Much Cooler... I was Stroking my Imagination.. It keeps you Healthy and It Feels good too :smilebox:

Might get a better response if you leave the 'lingo' and stream-of consciousness rambling out and just try and write in a language everyone can understand. People are open to all sorts of ideas here if you can present them in a way they can relate to.

Like... "Hey guys, I'm really interested in a turbo or supercharged Duster that's built to handle but looks like a sleeper. What do you all think?"

Just a thought.

Hey Guys, I am Really Interested in a 600+HP Duster that Handles mountian Roads like TooShort Handles Women. (TooShort was a Pimp from Oakland)
And I want it to look like a Typical Duster Build

-Like one might find on forabodiesonly.com

Do you guys have any Interesting Ideas?
I would be Interested in seeing anything like this..

ok i'm done

Word. You got it man! That is the Feeling...

1.4 Gs through California Mountians in a Duster.

Duh! Clearly an Excellent Idea!

(Sure sounds better than going back and forth in a straight line with your arms straight out in front of you for 10 Seconds at a time.)

Just a preference...
I appreciate all kinds of Motorsports!

I do however Know that the Moment that makes me feel Like the man is When I Decide to Brake Later than ANYONE Around would have Reccomended, and my A-Body Rips into a Corner like a 3 Year old into wrapping Paper... As front Tires begin to loose traction, I reach for my Console shifter and Engage more Firepower quick as Jessy James in a Shootout. Punch my Throttle nearly into my Bell Housing and Begin Stabbing the Floorboards with it Like I am in Knife Fight. As my car Exits the Corner at Unprescidented Velocity I smile with my Eyeballs as Wide as they get. and go right into the next ones with No Need to evenly Distibute Weight between all 4 Wheels. Zig-Zaging. Getting All the Traction my Sure-Grip will Surely Allow Between 245s. And often needing more... Interior Mods are Cup Holders, Black Fuzzy Dice and a CB Radio. Oh and No carpet Currently...

^ agreed, don't make it something that it's not, sounds like you should just get an STi and call it a day...

Says a Driver of a car that has a 360 Despite it never being offered that way... Where is a Mirror?=;

If you feel that it should not be made something it is not... You should express this through your actions, for we will note tham stronger than words...

Be an Example to Children.:angry7:

Madmaximum, I say go for it. i don't have too many suggestions for you but I think from a parts/cost perspective, I'd look for an all wheel drive Magnum/Charger (if they built one) or a mid sized Sebring AWD chassis. I'm not sure if your /6 idea would produce enough torque or spin up fast enough to move 4 wheels like you have envisioned. Either way, do it the way you want, your young enough to have the time to get going and actually finish this project.
As for your Dart, I'm a fan of vintage SCCA racing and think your car, especially if it's traditional, is a fantastic way to enjoy this car. Lets see pictures of it, it sounds really cool.

Just a thought.

you hit the nail on the head.

Sell your Dart and do what your teenager friends are doing.

Get that AWD car and work on that.

Don't fight the feeling man. If that is what you are into...then do it.

No disrespect to the young mopar enthusiasts but you might want to run it by the mopar gods first. All I can think of reading this is "Way Too Much XBox"

"Says a Driver of a car that has a 360 Despite it never being offered that way... Where is a Mirror?=;

If you feel that it should not be made something it is not... You should express this through your actions, for we will note tham stronger than words...

Be an Example to Children.:angry7:"

The difference like I've heard before is that Mopar fans TEND to use Mopar engines, etc. You see people putting big blocks in slant six cars all the times, powered by Mopar. Sure, I may chime in because your idea is completely out of the box, but I can say Im going to make a hovercraft out of my Dart...point is, I'm sure you'll get a lot more respect when we see pictures instead of talk, I would probably appreciate something like what your trying to build if I saw it in action. I'm partial to Mopar (they're bodystyles and engines) thus I like to use both like I'm doing now. Not sure all the ebonics your using sells your idea either...

RWD all the way! And yes, they're mopars that can be built to handle more than well, not having to add a Jap car suspension. Want a car that handles great out of the box? Buy Jap. Want a car that put a smile on everyones face as it goes by? GO MOPAR!! Watch out for the Mopar Gods, they seem to be concerned about all of this topic.

AWD Dodge Charger:
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/01/05/033185.html

Article Quote:
RIDE AND HANDLING: In all-wheel drive trim, the Charger is geared more toward all-season traction than rally-replica AWD performance. Its fully-independent unequal-length double wishbone front, multilink rear suspension is calibrated a little more softly, with relatively high-profile, H-rated 60-series touring tires. On the highway, it's in its element, smooth, usually quiet, and quite comfortable. On challenging roads, you can't argue with physics. Its weight and spring and shock softness are apparent - but it's still a pleasure to drive at a quick touring pace, and the four-wheel vented antilock brakes work well when called upon. If a sportier ride is desired, think SRT-8.

Nothing a set of new springs, a set TEIN Electronic dampening force controlled shocks and some brembo brakes couldn't fix. AND we've already heard some talk of someone trying to fit a rear suspension from a magnum into an A-body....how is that going anyway..time to find that post and bring it back from the dead :)

I'm no ricer but let's encourage the enthusiasm and give some suggestions. I'm all for the technology but ( IMHO ) if you put a duster body on a skyline chassis, you're really only building a skyline with a cool body kit :toothy10:

After reading this post I have made one of the most important decisions in my life. I picked up my cell phone, called my wife and asked her to stop and pick up some hollow point bullets for my hand gun........... :clock:

I Hate the photo Uploader on this Forum. WAY TOOO MUCH WORK.!!

Not interested in Re-Sizing and Demensioning Files...

So here is the Link to Photobucket...
(Very cool, I'll make a Re-Mix slideshow of all my Favorite User's Rides one day with Music and Transition Effects. It will be a thing of beauty)

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/MadMaximum/Dart Restoration/?albumview=grid

Me actually Paying Hommage to the Mopar Gods.

In my little Temple...

I forgot to mention Madmaxx that the "Mopar Gods" have decided (after consuming several gallons of ale and the inappropriate chasing of the town wenches) that the next poor unfortunate sole that does a "General Lee" car will be beset upon by hoards of locusts and rabid bats so yee be warned.:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Terry

..I think he's planning on building a bicycle...:toothy10:

Ray

SchwiingG! the g didnt work in that flurry. Did you see my schwinn in the Background though? it was my dad's too. It's cool. I am thinking about turning it into a Super-Moto Bike!

I forgot to mention Madmaxx that the "Mopar Gods" have decided (after consuming several gallons of ale and the inappropriate chasing of the town wenches) that the next poor unfortuate sole that does a "General Lee" car will be beset upon by hoards of locusts and rabid bats so yee be warned.:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Terry

Um that's a big 10-4 Good Buddy!
Would it be cooler if Instead of Moonshine, I ran Columbian Blow. to Support my Baja Racing Habit... And Bent over Mamasitas
And had a Big Mexican Flag on the Roof!
Instead of Orange, painted it "Terra cotta"
and the Horn Played "La Cockarocha!"

* I do see the pure Ubsurdity and Offensive Nature of this entire thread now*

I am Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect. I am just a SMart ***!

-
Back