At a loss....

-

Stepper

Reaction score
I'll save the intricate details. Basically, I'm wondering if you guys can help me ID my transmission now that I don't know what I have.

Ignorantly I assumed if there was an automatic mated to a 318 in a 69 dart, it would be a 727.
But, I recently got my dart running and found out that it only has 2 speeds. According to my mechanic, it's not that there's anything "wrong" with the trans; it's that it truly only has 2 speeds.

If that's the case, seems like a silly concept for a trans.

I guess that means I now will have to buy a new trans if I throw a 360 in there.

Any idea what trans I have?

Happy Fathers' Day to all of you out there.
Thanks.
Stepper.

Only two speed I know of is a powerglide. Do you have pics or numbers off the tranny? that would help alot. Even a pic of the trans pan would help.

If it ain't a chevy, time for a new mechanic.

lol, you sir are in my head.
its the all elusive "genpar" trans. general motors and mopar teamed up back in the day to dream this up...

my 727 only has two speeds, 3rd gear is gone and not coming back. 1 and 2 act just perfect tho, which is what i found odd.

show us a pic?

Mopar never had a 2 speed trans since the early 50's. Your mechanic has the typical Chevy related Id10t error.

Also just cause it has a V8 doesn't mean it's a 727 trans. Most 318's had a 904 trans behind them.

-
Back