At home service glass people

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know if those safelite places etc can get replacement glass for our cars? I’m looking to have my glass instslled, but also get a new front windshield

Safelite came out to do my truck. The female installer said she couldn’t do it because of the rust. When I got home I popped off the all the trim and could not find any rust.
I called a local guy. He did it. No problem and no deductible.
I will never use Safelite and I will recommend nobody else does.

Call them and ask.
Very productive response. Next time please don’t respond to a post of mine unless you have something productive to say. It’s the holiday weekend and if they did I would still come back here and ask for anyone’s experience with them.

Safelite came out to do my truck. The female installer said she couldn’t do it because of the rust. When I got home I popped off the all the trim and could not find any rust.
I called a local guy. He did it. No problem and no deductible.
I will never use Safelite and I will recommend nobody else does.
Thanks but asking if they do older cars, not sure if many places do, this is why I’m asking mainly for the Duster.

Thanks but asking if they do older cars, not sure if many places do, this is why I’m asking mainly for the Duster.
I once ordered a windshield from Safelite and when they showed up the installer had never seen a windshield gasket before and said he couldn't do it. That was several years ago and it's not likely gotten any better.

Very productive response. Next time please don’t respond to a post of mine unless you have something productive to say. It’s the holiday weekend and if they did I would still come back here and ask for anyone’s experience with them.
Please use your head for something other than a hat rack.

In Fl if you have comprehensive coverage on your car, the insurance co will replace the windshield no charge if its damaged
Other states ?

I have found that getting a glass company to want to do old cars, it takes an independent co. and guy with years of old experience.
I have had to get several windshields thru AMD and could find such no where else. The crating and shipping kills you!

I have found that getting a glass company to want to do old cars, it takes an independent co. and guy with years of old experience.
I have had to get several windshields thru AMD and could find such no where else. The crating and shipping kills you!
Good advice, I had my windshield replaced in my 70 Dart. Not only did the technician , about 25, scratch the paint, but he damaged the trim. I had before pics and when the insurance company saw the damage they sent me a fat check.

Definitely look for an old school place. We're lucky to have one in my city of 36,000 people. Guy and his wife have been doing vehicle glass for 40 years.

I've got these people bookmarked on my phone. They say they have classic Ford and Chevy glass. Might have Mopar too, I haven't checked. They are local to me, in Montclair, so cal.
JR Distributor International Inc. [email protected]
Phone 909 628 1115

We have a local place around here that's been doing glass since before I was in the hobby over 40 years ago... They will even come out to your house and pull/install the glass...

M & M Auto Glass and Trim

I found a local guy on FB for 150, he was gonna help me pull it, and give me a few to paint or whatever, then come back to install it...he was an independent

Most places simply will not do gasket installs, glue down only.

Alan
Yep, too much work. Went to a place and ask the older guy running about it he's like oh no we don't do them anymore I can make money so much easier on these new cars

I know how to do the glass in the gasket, but I admit it ain't always easy forme and the wife, we are old. By the time I have that AMD 64 Belvedere windshield in my hands, $285, plus $75 crate, plus $150 freight. I got the last one unless Kramer has some and if he does, he will triple the costs!
I felt better having the glass guy that has been doing this 40 years and give him $125 for him and his helper to come to my place. We had to postpone it a couple days, his helper came close to a heat stroke.

I know how to do the glass in the gasket, but I admit it ain't always easy forme and the wife, we are old. By the time I have that AMD 64 Belvedere windshield in my hands, $285, plus $75 crate, plus $150 freight. I got the last one unless Kramer has some and if he does, he will triple the costs!
I felt better having the glass guy that has been doing this 40 years and give him $125 for him and his helper to come to my place. We had to postpone it a couple days, his helper came close to a heat stroke.
It's been hot here too. Heard of a few people getting heat stroke already this year. I started doing concrete and framing in 89, still do outside work. I always laugh at people complaining about the heat. Not so much this year. It's Hot

What's your problem goof?
Sooooo cuz it's a weekend you're going to pick an internet answer over ACTUALLY calling to confirm? Yer an arrogant piece of work...:BangHead:

Does anyone happen to know if those safelite places etc can get replacement glass for our cars? I’m looking to have my glass instslled, but also get a new front windshield

I actually have the answer for you. Safelite doesn’t do cars earlier than 1991. I called them about my 72 Dart. My insurance pre approved me. Hope this helps!

-
Back