-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
...best stuffing EVER
and I made it

I'm making chicken cordon blue with stuffing for dinner
easy recipe that doesn't take a ton of effort

I normally make the stuffing in the microwave, but today I tried something different
1 box of stovetop stuffing
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
2 spoons of butter
1/2 cup of water

and let it cook in the crockpot on high for 2 hours

ive been back to stir it every five minutes, and if the wifey doesn't come home soon she'll have to pick up some tacos or something

Tofu cordon bleu, that would result in the loss of your man card E. lol Sounds good though. Last night my eldest, who is 12 made stuffed chicken pinwheels with spinach and feta cheese on top of linguine and alfredo sauce.

some of the cordon blues are the classic ones, with ham and cheese in them
then there are two with broccoli in them (for the missus) and
wait for it
two
loaded
baked
potato ones, with chunk of bacon in them

How do you make the chicken cordon blue?

take it out of the package and into the oven ;)

I know some people have the skills and time to make them from scratch (some of my wifes friends do)
but I don't

so, I got the premade frozen ones

Last edited:
Making stuffing in a crock pot is no threat to your man-card status. Now, if you order a glass of white wine in a bar, or allow your wife to drag you all over Bed, Bath & Beyond...

That sounds good....

A real man knows how to cook...

It's the ones that don't cook that need their man card revoked....

...best stuffing EVER
and I made it

I'm making chicken cordon blue with stuffing for dinner
easy recipe that doesn't take a ton of effort

I normally make the stuffing in the microwave, but today I tried something different
1 box of stovetop stuffing
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
2 spoons of butter
1/2 cup of water

and let it cook in the crockpot on high for 2 hours

ive been back to stir it every five minutes, and if the wifey doesn't come home soon she'll have to pick up some tacos or something

I hope your cream of mushroom soup had some mushrooms in it...

I once had a can of Campbell's cream of chicken soup and only found 3 small pieces of chicken in it.... It was cream with three pieces of chicken in it.... And I've picked bigger pieces of chicken out from between my teeth.... So basically, it's just cream....

I always get a skillet hot and chop up half of an onion and cook it down and pore it in my crock pot before cooking anything, yep ! keep your man card :thumbsup:

Cooking is cool man.
I cook/grill/bake all the time....only way to get a decent meal for a decent price these days. That and we never get sick from tainted food.

Talk about man-card loss........How about this one.

One of my family's favorite foo foo meals is Croque Monsieur. Breakfast or Brunch.

Basically it's a ham and cheese sandwich that you dip in french toast batter then fry in butter.
I use good fresh shredded swiss or gruier cheese and black forest ham. Always lightly toast the bread before putting the ham and grated cheese on.

MMMMM.....drench in maple syrup or powdered sugar. I like both.

It's borderline fluffy bunny ****, but It tastes soooo good. I'm a man Dammit. A man that cooks.

1001p84-croque-monsieur-l.jpg

I hope your cream of mushroom soup had some mushrooms in it...

I once had a can of Campbell's cream of chicken soup and only found 3 small pieces of chicken in it.... It was cream with three pieces of chicken in it.... And I've picked bigger pieces of chicken out from between my teeth.... So basically, it's just cream....

Technically the can reads "Cream of chicken soup" not "Cream with chicken soup", so you were lucky to have any chicken at all. :lol:

Cooking is cool man.
I cook/grill/bake all the time....only way to get a decent meal for a decent price these days. That and we never get sick from tainted food.

Talk about man-card loss........How about this one.

One of my family's favorite foo foo meals is Croque Monsieur. Breakfast or Brunch.

Basically it's a ham and cheese sandwich that you dip in french toast batter then fry in butter.
I use good fresh shredded swiss or gruier cheese and black forest ham. Always lightly toast the bread before putting the ham and grated cheese on.

MMMMM.....drench in maple syrup or powdered sugar. I like both.

It's borderline fluffy bunny ****, but It tastes soooo good. I'm a man Dammit. A man that cooks.

View attachment 1714950808
That's sound an awful lot like something I know as a "Monte crisco" (Also pronounced Monte cristo) sandwich

Good indeed

Your right. Monte Cristo and Croque Monsieur are almost identical (Some believe that you should not batter a C.M) Since I batter mine, I believe that my version is a hybrid.....the Prius of breakfast sandwiches.

Delicious non the less.

Your right. Monte Cristo and Croque Monsieur are almost identical (Some believe that you should not batter a C.M) Since I batter mine, I believe that my version is a hybrid.....the Prius of breakfast sandwiches.

Delicious non the less.
wow! that looks and sounds really good. will have to try it!

-
Back