At what age did you retire?

-
I thought it would be neat to go along with the retirement thread going on now, to find out what the age of the members that have retired or will retire. I retired September 11th 2011 at age 56.

I retired fro my primary job @ 51, My secondary job @60 and I' still working on my hobby (learning interiors) @66

I retired at age 54 in 2009 with 31 years and a full pension from the other auto company, you know the one with the vettes, and now I spend my time fishing and living my dreams through you guys and gals watching you build some incredible mopars. I don't have the skill to do what you all do so for me this is how I get my fix. Here and on B bodies.

From local gov at 51 in 2013 after 28 yrs. Offered me lump sum to leave 2 yrs. early. Best decision I've ever made.

I retired at age 54 in 2009 with 31 years and a full pension from the other auto company, you know the one with the vettes, and now I spend my time fishing and living my dreams through you guys and gals watching you build some incredible mopars. I don't have the skill to do what you all do so for me this is how I get my fix. Here and on B bodies.
Thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!! Lurker no more.

I stopped working and started using up my sick time about 6 months before I officially retired at 58 years 11 months of age. Best decision I ever made. Life is good even if my health is not 100%. I do what I want to do when I want to do it, as long as the wife lets me. lol

If I have one piece of advice to offer anybody it would be, retire as soon as you can financially afford to. As long as you can keep busy and not become lazy you will love every minute of retirement.

Jack

I will retire at age 55 after 29 years at driving a truck for a major food service company...(SYSCO)...............................................Jeff

Tell everyone, young & old alike, that their retirement is the largest investment in their lives; it will be more than housing and cars ( this group excluded). Start investing in your retirement now. Ten bucks a week starting at 20 years old adds up.

Looking forward to Retirement soon.Worked For General Motors for 10 years...But currently waiting to turn, 56 Years old and 31 years of service as an Equipment Mechanic for local Government. Not going to hang up working, Just moving on to something a little easier on the old body. Working on all types of Automobiles, Light Duty Trucks, Medium Duty Trucks, Heavy Duty Trucks, Extreme Duty, Construction Equipment, Dirt Equipment, Turf Equipment, Stationary Generator Stations, ETC. Hot Rods, Street Rods, Race Cars, Race Boats, Race Bike, Custom Fabrication, Welding, and Administration Work.
I'm an about done with working to hard and worn out enough to work on easy street.. PepBoys Parts Counter guy... Will see... :)

-
Back