At what age did you retire?

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be neat to go along with the retirement thread going on now, to find out what the age of the members that have retired or will retire. I retired September 11th 2011 at age 56.

semi retired after 36 years of trucking. Company I worked for gave an early retirement. Now I'm checking oil wells for 3-5 hours a day. And I'm 58.

What's the definition of Retired, Roy.

With my medical issues the wife and I decided I should be the stay home dad. Does that count?

What's the definition of Retired, Roy.

With my medical issues the wife and I decided I should be the stay home dad. Does that count?
I'm not for certain? If you are not doing your profession, I would say your retired. I have several fireman friends that retired and the wives still work.

retired from Nevada DOT back in March 2008, at the age of 55 got offered a job working for a Consultant ...worked 4 years for them...then was "retired" for 2 years....then got offered another job working for a Consultant...working to Fall of 2019...will be 66

retired from Nevada DOT back in March 2008, at the age of 55 got offered a job working for a Consultant ...worked 4 years for them...then was "retired" for 2 years....then got offered another job working for a Consultant...working to Fall of 2019...will be 66
I guess I should have added at what age did you retire from your long term profession. I realize that most people go on to work at similar job as there chosen long term profession. My had retired at age 47 from being a Tampa Police officer. But then worked a similar job for the public defenders office for 10 more to have 2 pensions.

Retired from USAF at 43, then from Federal Home Loan Bank at 64. I LOVE being retired. As I am sure you have all heard, I am busier now than when I was working.

Retired from USAF at 43, then from Federal Home Loan Bank at 64. I LOVE being retired. As I am sure you have all heard, I am busier now than when I was working.
That is the great part of retiring from the military, your so young you can work on a second pension!

I pulled the pin at 54 1/2. Moved 30 miles out of the city and never looked back. Never say never, but I can't ever see myself doing anything like part time or consulting. Life is too short and my mistress is waiting for her new 408 to arrive.....
20170624_113845.jpg

December 20th of last year I retired after 40 years with a mining company. 62 years old. If I had known retirement is really this good I'd have found a way to do it sooner!

In Sweden we retire at 65. I have 24 years left. I don't mind working, but there are so many things that I would like to do that I don't really have the time for now. I hope I have my health when I'm 65!

In Sweden we retire at 65. I have 24 years left. I don't mind working, but there are so many things that I would like to do that I don't really have the time for now. I hope I have my health when I'm 65!
----------------------------
I retired at 68 , almost three yrs ago. started in a warehouse, after the Air Force, then into the machine shop, then into plbg., did that for about 41 yrs. Grew up on a farm, 297 head of black angus, dad worked full time at a glass plant, so there was always something that required me to do, or it was *** kickin time.

I retired from My real job, after 30 years, at 48. -- Then worked at "play jobs", ( Hardware Store - Car Dealer - Owned a Rollback - Drove for Enterprise Rent-a-Car for 15 years, 55 thru 70)), just to keep busy, for 22 years. -- Then really retired at 70.

Retired at 64. Had to many people who needed me to do something for them because I was returned and didn't have anything to do, so went back to work 2 days or 3 days a week. Still trying to finish my 65 formula S. Turned 65 in January. Seems like health issues are getting in my way and slowing me down

-
Back