ATI 904 SPRAG

-

72Dart360

Reaction score
Anyone using ATI's sprag? Im looking for a strong sprag. I checked A & A website, he showed nothing for 904. I also checked Cope.

the stock 904 sprag is strong..it is riveted in....to remove you drill out the rivets...and then bolt in a new sprag.....nothing gained..

been racing with the stock sprags for years...one transmission has a bolt in because the ring gear broke...and I did not check the spraq and it came apart..
you can buy a spring and roller kit for 5 bucks from Bulkpart.com .....

I'm well aware of bolt in sprags.

20160613_214609.jpg

well...Have you changed out the front clutch pac single wound spring for a 24 spring kit?,,,,,,,

Anyone using ATI's sprag? Im looking for a strong sprag. I checked A & A website, he showed nothing for 904. I also checked Cope.
I bought one of them from Ati and an input shaft but have not run it yet. It is installed though. Really nice piece and no more rollers to fall out.
A and A now has the new sprague for the 904 as well. Not to dismiss what Tony said but I know a few guys who have rolled a stock sprague. It can happen during launch in first gear if the slick unload and then grab again before you had a chance to shift. Some guys never have trouble and some do. Ymmv. They don,t always fail by spinning in the case. Some times the inner race just rolls over the rollers from excessive torque. No rollers in the new design. Those are dog bone shaped and there are lots of them to spread the load around. Much better design imho.

Duane

Last edited:
-
Back