Attaching a Rotisserie

-
Well I got her on the Rotisserie. Thanks for all of the help.

I am having a rollback come pick up and take it to the sandblaster. Any issues I should be aware of? I used Grade 8 bolts, lock washers and flat washers.

Attachments

• RES05587.bmp
    22 KB · Views: 363
Thanks OldVart. You are correct just a little bit of insurance!

At the base of the rotisserie I am going to use two come-alongs in an X configuration to tie both bases together. There is a tube tying both bases together but I don't want any issues when the rollback driver starts pulling her up the flat bed.

I will probably use couple of ratchet straps on the rotating assembly to ensure it will not rotate on the trip.

I guess I over think stuff to much.

I figured i would show some pictures of my car attached to the rotisserie. This has been a good thread. Thanks for all of the input.

I attached to the Rotisserie arms to where the bumper brackets were attached. I think the front bolts were 5/8 or 7/8 and the Rears were like 3/4. I used Grade 8 Bolts, Flat Washer and Lock Washers. It appears to be very secure. It has been on the Falt Bed Three times. Also, been moved around via a loader at the Blaster.

Loading and unloading on the Flat bed puts a lot of the load on the rear of the Rotisserie. The last unload caused one of the casters to break. I thought the casters were the weak link in the entire system. I found that out.

I squared up the ends then attached 3 inch Ratchet straps Diagonally. I did this so when it was pulled up on the Roll Back there no chance it would come apart.

Car should be back from Paint and Body work by the end of December. (It was supposed to be back by end of November!!!) Oh well. Gives me more time to prep everything!

SDC11587 stretch.jpg

SDC11588 stretch.jpg

SDC11589 stretch.jpg

-
Back