Attempt to Pay Back # 2

-
Update

So I found something else I thought might add to the problem of idle. The PCV valve is connected to the brake booster port. I figured that has to be a big vacuum leak. The hose was cracked as well. So I bought new hose and routed it to the connection Holley shows as the connection for the PCV. Idle improved a bit, but the PCV port is open to manifold vacuum so not a huge issue. I do notice that when I block the valve which is doing the jig inside the idle drops. The vacuum gauge settles a bit as well. The needle still swings but not as much. So that is obviously the cam. I may try putting a restrictor in the port to reduce the PCV rate. Then try some more idle tuing. The vacuum advance has me spooked though. I think it needs to be timed port, but at idle it is nothing, but under no load it climbs quick as the thottle is opened. Much higher that manifold vacuum. I will play with both to see which is best to use. Idle in neutral is around 950 and in gear it drops to around 750. It is not smooth, but it is much better. Initial is 22 degrees and total is right at for 34 degrees. I am not sure if it full at 3000. Need to hook up my VOM with tack. The vacuum unit has a ton of advance available. 11 is marked on the arm so I figure that is 22 crank. I am going to make it adjustable as well. Working on that.

Any more progress Tom?

-
Back