Attn.; Old Tractor Rodders

-

Killer6

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of putting a turbo on My 3cyl. Diesel Ford 3500 TLB('67), it has the good(inline) pump, and I'm not looking to run it in the tractor pulls....just boost it a bit as it's a tad sleepy tho' functional. Anybody do this, & how much extra can the bottom end take before it's a reliability issue, & yes I've searched a bunch of tractor forums.

I've been toying with the idea of putting a turbo on My 3cyl. Diesel Ford 3500 TLB('67), it has the good(inline) pump, and I'm not looking to run it in the tractor pulls....just boost it a bit as it's a tad sleepy tho' functional. Anybody do this, & how much extra can the bottom end take before it's a reliability issue, & yes I've searched a bunch of tractor forums.
Too bad you aren't closer. An old customer of mine tractor/truck pulled and was all about turbos. Diesel or gas.

Too bad you aren't closer. An old customer of mine tractor/truck pulled and was all about turbos. Diesel or gas.
Yeah, I suppose if I searched pulling tractors I'd come up with some useful info/vids. But knowing these things were over- engineered generally, low boost of say 5-6p.s.i. shouldn't require much more than turning up the pump..but not sure about oil supply & potential rpm increase effects.

-
Back