*****attn*****to all that have bought parts from me in the last week.

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i just want to make one big apoligy to all that have bought from me in the last week. due to a horrible 2,000 mile road trip to fellow members' i am stuck without a vehicyle. i should of had new trans in my truck today, but those idiots at the junkyard gave me the wrong one. now i have to someway pick up the correct one in the am. so please do not worry, as all stuff will be shipped out the latest friday. and if it means anything to you guys, i will refund 10% of the sale price, excluding shipping.lmao

thanks guys, for being patient. plot

Joe, your a stand up guy who has helped a number of members with there Mopar dreams. Thanks a ton ! Guys like you make this site the best on the web.

i havent purchased anything from you but sorry for your luck and great stand up apoligy good luck to you on the trans hunt

Joe, when I get out of the hospital this week and need help I have a van and will be happy to come up and help you get all those parts shipped.

Do not worry guys, everything I have bought off of Joe has been shipped fast, and very reasonable.
He is a stand up guy and I will buy / trade /sell to him anytime.
Hope you get the trans fixed fabo brother.
Shawn

i appreciate the offer, but i cannot even blame it on being a chebby.rofl

i live in the mountains, and was going almost 1k miles each way, so i wanted to make good time. i left here at 6 pm, to be up there in the morning. well, by the time i hit carlisle, i looked in the rear-view, and seen tons of smoke. pull over, and it was trans fluid. i filled it, and kept going, cause it was like 3 in the morning,a nd nothing was open, and i could find no leaks. well, it was overheating. i was pulling a 3300 lb trailer, a duster with engine and all parts in it, and the truck had gear chunks, columns, another complete engine/trans setup. i know i was close to 8,000 lbs plus the truck. i was doing 80 mph on i-81 through va, wv, md,andinto pa when all hell broke loose. i lost withing 100 miles 1st, and overdrive. but i could not go back home!. i continued on,a nd by the time i hit conneticut, i lost all but 3rd, so i thought. went to maine, rhode island, and finished all deliveries!. within 100 mile of last stop, the truck came to a screeching halt right in the dang highway!. with my two youngins with me. so, i could not even get out of the road for ten minutes. a trooper sat behind me a ways back so i did not get hit.
after about a total of 30 minutes stuck in the road, i started it back up, and wham! it moves.lol so, at that point, i had lost all but 3rd gear. well, i do not know what happened, but i now only have 2nd!. crazy.lmao so i went from having only third, to only 2nd.

the return trip was to be 12h 30 minutes, but at 18 mph on a interstate, i made it home in 28 hrs, and 50 minutes. and got 4 miles to a gallon.
it cost me 800.00 in fuel for the trip up fully loaded, and on the trip home, it cost me double that. but, hey, i do not have aaa, so i buit the bullet and drove home. the truck did make it, but since it was revving at 4k for 200 miles striagt, i started to climb a hill near me, and the truck started to lug. luckily, i was right near a truck stop, so i pull in, and as soon as i come to a stop, the truck locks up!. (engine). i check the oil, and it was bone dry. i put 5 quarts in, and it was less than 1/2 quart too high. i let it cool down, and strated back up. bearings were knocking, valves clanking away. well, i drove it all the way home from there, and within 200 miles of home, all the noice disappeared. at least the chebby did not leave me and the kids stranded on the highway , for too long.lol
so, within 50 miles of home, i blow out a rear trailer tire................................. f*(Y*^& that, i drove it home on the rim!

Sounds like a good time?????
Glad you made it back home.
AAA will only pay to the nearest repair facility, it cost me about $50.00 a year, but I have not had a vehicle towed in about 3 years so it is kind of a wash cash wise.

no, no cat, just stupidity for pushing the truck so hard and fast with so much weight. i think it would of happened to most trucks that old,a nd it has 300,000 on all origional drivetrain.lol

Hey at least that will be one of those family memories that will last a lifetime. Road trip anyone.

I haven't bought anything from you but thanks being the kind of guy who cares enough about his customers to let everyone know what's going. Thumbs up from me.

Good luck with truck.

Well, since I'm the guy from Rhode Island (and the proud new owner of the engine and transmission that were weighing down the bed of your pickup truck, I think I owe you a big THANK YOU! For anybody that hasn't dealt with Joe, it's been said before, he is an absolute stand-up guy and he won't leave you hanging.

Thanks again Joe. And good luck with the truck.

Sorry to hear of your Chevrolet nightmare. I also recently lost the engine in my 88' Chev Van and had to put a graveyard motor in . Luckily it runs fine, but had to scramble to get my work done without a truck and put off customers for about a week all while removing and installing engine myself. Next Van I buy will be a Mopar. I was kind of forced to get this truck I have now due to low funds at time of purchase.

I had to stop and think if I did or not :study::study: Not me :D
AdamR said it best.
Sorry to see what your going though 340plot, I bet it felt good to get home.
I hope for the best and things get moving for you soon :icon_smi:

yea, all is well now!. i sold the truck.lol and the guy i sold it to, still drives it daily. he put the bad trans back in and runs it locally in 2nd gear only.....lmao. thanks for all the words guys'

-
Back