Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroked68Dart

402 Crate Motor in a 68
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Please see link at the end of this post to see more photos.

All this stuff goes to the highest bidder. Let me know if you are interested.

I am cleaning out my garage and attic and have a group of parts from my ’68 and ’69 Darts that I am selling. As you will see from the pictures there are some other things I am letting go as well. I am selling these parts as one lot and the highest bidder gets the entire lot. I am not trying to get rich off this lot. I am just trying to get the garage cleaned out for the next project. I am posting these parts on 2 Mopar sites first and if I get a decent offer I will let them go to the highest bidder. If not I am going to post the lot on Craigslist and Facebook Market. I am located in the San Francisco East Bay Area and I will not be parting out individual parts or doing any shipping so you will need to be able to pick up the parts here. Below are a few of the parts and other info:

- Some of the parts are off a ’69 340 Dart and some are off my current ’68 Dart.
- Some of the parts are new and I never used them for one reason or another.
- I replaced all the suspension on my ’68 Dart and put tubular A arms and 4 wheel disk brakes on it and did other general suspension upgrades. As a result you will see there is an entire set of brake drums, spindles, master cylinder, A arms, torsion bars, struts, etc… The drums and brake pads have little wear on them from what I can tell.
- The torsion bars, A arms, and front suspension struts are powder coated black
- the exhaust manifolds are stock 340 manifolds that do not have any cracks. I put headers on my car and no longer need these manifolds. They were media blasted and checked for cracks before I got the car. While I had them on my car they did not leak.
- The torsion bars are powder coated and from a ’68 6 cylinder car I am pretty sure so they are the lighter ones. They are not bent.
- There are some miscellaneous parts and tools I just threw in as I am getting rid of them and decided to just throw them in instead of trash them.
- Chrome exhaust tips are in perfect condition
- Ball joints and spindles are included and are in very good condition
- There is a like new center section ring and pinion. It is from a 8.75 rear end that is the 489 casting. It came out of a ’68 Dart but the ratio seems to be closer to a 3.89 or 3.55 or something. It is not steep like a 4.10 but on the highway it was running about 3500 rpm at 65 or 70 mph as best I can remember. It is a limited slip diff.
- There is a set of axels that came out of the 8.75 rear end from the ’68 Dart. They are straight and have new Green Bearings on them. There are a couple of studs that could be used to be replaced but you could run them as they are if you want.
- There are two sets of mufflers with only about 1,000 or 2,000 miles on each set. One set was new and on the car when I got it and then I replaced them with a nice set but that set are too loud. I know… that they can’t be too loud for us but my wife disagrees. I now have a 3rd set on the car that I like. So, the two sets of mufflers that are going with this lot are like new.
- There is a set of offset shackles and front spring perches to move the leaf springs inward to get more tire clearance. I ended up getting the right look and stance without moving the springs inboard.
- There are some new braided brake lines and miscellaneous brake line connectors and fittings,
- The coil and all the plug wires are in great condition.
- There is an adjustable set of SPAX shocks that have quite a few miles on them but still work. Not really worth that much but I threw them in case you want them.
- There is a WheelRite device to use to measure the back spacing for tires and wheels so you can determine the right rims for your car.
- There is one timing light. It is not a dial back light.
- I have included 2 pictures to show how all the parts are boxed up for you when you come. They all fit in the back of a smaller or mid-sized SUV if you do not have a truck.

You will find the rest of the pictures here: Dropbox - Car parts for sale pics - Simplify your life

2020-06-09 12.54.18-1.jpg

2020-06-09 12.56.45-1.jpg

2020-06-09 12.56.52-1.jpg

2020-06-09 12.56.58.jpg

2020-06-09 12.57.16-1.jpg

2020-06-09 12.57.54-1.jpg

2020-06-09 12.59.14-1.jpg

2020-06-09 12.59.57-1.jpg

2020-06-09 13.03.47-1.jpg

2020-06-09 13.03.52-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status