Aussie speed

-

C Galloway

Reaction score
Anyone have an aussie speed setup? Like it? Found a guy selling them on ebay for a pretty good price, comparable to clifford and such. 450 for headers and 450 for long run 2 bl intake. Just curious if anyone has opinions if they are better then cliffords or offys

Like asking if an Eddy Performer RPM is better than a tunnel ram,...it depends on what goals You have for the engine. Unfortunately, NOBODY I know of has done a Dyno, or
track back to back to back to back shootout of the orig Offy, Cliffy, Super Six, Dual carb Offy, & Cliffy, Aussie 2,4 long,med,& short, vs side-drafts etc. and again, they would
have to be all tested on three typical degrees of engine prep.(stk. vs o/s valve vs ported heads, same for cam, squeeze etc.) If cold driveability is important to You, headers
& cold aluminum intakes that aren't exhaust heated may really not be for You. There are some members with the Aussie stuff, and I like the product, but what are Your plans
for the project? If considering a 2bbl., check .org to see if anyone has put one up against a stk. Super Six set-up, curious Myself!

Like asking if an Eddy Performer RPM is better than a tunnel ram,...it depends on what goals You have for the engine. Unfortunately, NOBODY I know of has done a Dyno, or
track back to back to back to back shootout of the orig Offy, Cliffy, Super Six, Dual carb Offy, & Cliffy, Aussie 2,4 long,med,& short, vs side-drafts etc. and again, they would
have to be all tested on three typical degrees of engine prep.(stk. vs o/s valve vs ported heads, same for cam, squeeze etc.) If cold driveability is important to You, headers
& cold aluminum intakes that aren't exhaust heated may really not be for You. There are some members with the Aussie stuff, and I like the product, but what are Your plans
for the project? If considering a 2bbl., check .org to see if anyone has put one up against a stk. Super Six set-up, curious Myself!
Im just looking to do a little upgrade on stock, preferably not pull the motor, just dont have the time and money at the moment. But i am considering maybe some headwork ontop of new intake/exhaust.

If You're tight on cash, (good headwork with o/s valves will be a good move no matter what combo You decide on), a couple of members have had complete Super Six
set-ups for sale. If they have the brackets & linkages incl. kickdown arms/rod, probably the best value for the "little upgrade" class of improvement. Get both mannys so
the choke set-up is there & correct, You may have to add a power source if it has added electric assist. Headers can come later, but a little change in jetting may be needed,
turning the intake "cold" will lean out the mix.

If You're tight on cash, (good headwork with o/s valves will be a good move no matter what combo You decide on), a couple of members have had complete Super Six
set-ups for sale. If they have the brackets & linkages incl. kickdown arms/rod, probably the best value for the "little upgrade" class of improvement. Get both mannys so
the choke set-up is there & correct, You may have to add a power source if it has added electric assist. Headers can come later, but a little change in jetting may be needed,
turning the intake "cold" will lean out the mix.

Yes they have dyno-tested the Aussie Speed manifolds...

Slant Sickness! How To Add 77 HP To Your Mopar Slant Six! - Hot Rod Network

Having trouble copying the link, but copy the above into your browser, hope this helps...

Yes they have dyno-tested the Aussie Speed manifolds...

Slant Sickness! How To Add 77 HP To Your Mopar Slant Six! - Hot Rod Network

Having trouble copying the link, but copy the above into your browser, hope this helps...
I assume You meant to quote the post that preceeded that one, and in said post I never said they haven't, but even in the article You linked they blew the head gasket &
couldn't test the 2nd Aussie intake..... what I said in post #2 is 100% correct, NOBODY has taken a built eng and ran Cliffy, Offy, & Aussie 4bbls back to back. Or any of
the Dual-carb manny's back to back, or three or more single 2bbl mannys back to back.

how abouth this lil badboy I picked up last week..

20171001_203022.jpg

Well, post it on the mech. parts for sale forum w/a $$$ and the size of that side-draft Weber & see if anybody nibbles! My projects need a 4bbl., and MPI, so not in the
market Myself. But, a neat alternative to the Super Six, I'd probably add a small balance tube for Me to use one.

-
Back