Aussie Wagon at the nostalgia drags

-

Ozcuda

gotta love a MOPAR
Reaction score
Well as a few of you know I have been busy trying to get my old 63 wagon ready for the nostalgia drags well we got it there but we really needed another week to get it properly sorted before we hit the strip but as you all know you can't have everything.

So here is the run down.

60' .......2.142
330' .....6.290
660'......9.829
mph......69.36
1000'....12.908
ET.......15.546
mph.....84.78

I was hoping that it would have run a bit quicker but it wasn't to be on the day. So now we have 4 months till the next nostalgia drag event which will give us amble time to get it sorted out.

After Christmas I will get it on a dyno & have the carb sorted as it was straight out of the box & did improve over the 600 I was running for the last few days. Anyway here are a few pics

2008_12080089 (Small).JPG

2008_12080167 (Small).JPG

Um.. the seats on the wrong side... that's why the carb's a mess. Plus, from here, you guys are all upside down.

I have never seen a Valiant Wagon... is it Aussie only? It looks cool :D

Well that's about what Iv'e run in my wagon. 1/4 mile one legger burnouts will not help. That and my gearing is way way off. I go thru the traps in 2nd at about 4,500 rpm with a stock smogger 318.

Um.. the seats on the wrong side... that's why the carb's a mess. Plus, from here, you guys are all upside down.

I have never seen a Valiant Wagon... is it Aussie only? It looks cool :D

The seats are not wrong there's 1 on each side but you might find it difficult to steer from the left seat.

Yeah it is a 63 Australian wagon basicly the same as the US 63 with a different grille & RHD

Well that's about what Iv'e run in my wagon. 1/4 mile one legger burnouts will not help. That and my gearing is way way off. I go thru the traps in 2nd at about 4,500 rpm with a stock smogger 318.

Yeah I was hoping for at least mid 14's this time out but it wasn't to be as the secondaries aren't opening.

But we will be ready next time & hope to get into the 13's

Sounds like you still had a great time and at the track.
What motor are you running, and carb. sorry I am forgetful8)

Sounds like you still had a great time and at the track.
What motor are you running, and carb. sorry I am forgetful8)

Yeah had a great time were else would you rather be then at the track.

The old girl has had a little up grade in the last few weeks. It was running a 273/904 with 3:23 rear but now has a 360/727 with 3:9 LSD rear the motor is +40 has a nice cam double valve springs edlebrock performer dual plan intake with a 750 holley....Trans has a shift kit HD clutches & bands with a 2500 rpm stall.

Now all we need to do is get it all tuned & working together I hope it will run in the low 14's next time out but we'll just have to wait & see.

Good luck getting the little things in line. What gear do you run?

-
Back