Auto column to auto floor HELP!!! I NEED..

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony, Does that lokar fit 727 and 904? Will it work with early a's? I'm definately interested if it will work for me.

Yep, started in 71...

70 is the only year that has the key in the column and DOES NOT have the thumb key release slider mechanism. 71 and up have the same basic column, but, have the key release mechanism on the collar closest to the dash. Here's a pic of the release mechanism on my 71 Duster.
Picture.jpg

A little off topic but did all the '71+ column shift autos also have the thumb key release slider mechanism?

I used a B&Mpro ratchet shifter, looks the buisness , can be used as stock shift pattern or reverse pattern

Just a friendly heads up here...
automatic shifter stand on ebay item # 170184906426 (not mine)
Atleast one if not all of the ears where it attaches to the floor have been cut off. Still a usable part though. New reproductions will be complete but priced a bit higher. Cheers

you can use a power steering shaft. all you have to do is remove the inner shaft, it has two plastic pins holding it from collapsing. you drill those out, then you can collapse the shaft to stock manual length, drill two small holes in both shafts, use brass pins to hold together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back