Auto console to manual

-

KW-Duster

Reaction score
Looking to refurbish auto console and use it in a manual car.
71 Duster with 4 speed hump no console car. Also plan on converting bench seat into buckets. I have seen several great threads on measurements of brackets and I will need to fabricate or purchase those.

My question is can someone measure their console as far as how deep the side are? My console is beat up at the bottom and it is hard to tell exactly the depth and curvature on the base. Also the measurements of the side "hump" and how much to cut out for the four speed hump would be nice.

Thanks in advance and pictures would really help.

Last model year for a console with a manual transmission in a US or Canadian made A-body was 1969.

So I'll ask.....

Why add the extra weight and rattles that come with a console?

Good point, I just never have liked the buckets seats without a console. I have a lot to do to this car so this console will just be one of many things to mark off the list.

I have several console 4-speed cars and love them. You can take the brackets for an automatic car and use them, of course you don't need the automatic shifter bracket. Also on 4-speed cars the crossmember is notched, a lot of people don't realize that and have issues with mounting the shifter.

101_1720.JPG

69 blue 4 speed console 035.JPG

69 blue 4 speed console 025.JPG

HemiSSDart thanks, that is what I need mine to look like. Would you be able to measure the height in the front and back of the sides? mine has most of the bottom chipped away and I was going to fiberglass around the bottom so I had the correct depth. I also see that yours has the hump cutaway if possible I could use the rough measurements of that opening.
I will need to fabricate the two mounts (front and back) and have seen the measurements on this site, but have not seen how tall those two brackets are.

Thanks for the pics.

-
Back