auto wrecker in alberta

-

custom100

Reaction score
hay guys i'm hoping that you can help me out here.
i'm wondering if any of you know of Flatla auto wrecking and if they are still in business? i have bought parts from them in the past.
i have not touched my car in about 4 years. in that time i have found out that two of the other places that i got parts from on the island have closed. so i am hoping this has not happened here as well.

thanks austin

If that place isn't open, there is Alden's auto. I think that place has been in existance since the 50's. They have a huge selection of all cars, over many acres. It's out North East of Edmonton. Their toll free number is 1-800-661-8814. Give them a call.

I bought some parts 2 years ago.. as far as I know they are still open
Flatla Auto Wrecking Tilley, AB T0J3K0 Phone: (403) 377-2484

:hello1:Dale Flatla is a good guy to deal with, he is still in buisness, his prices are a bit steep, but he has almost anything you need. I gotta go see him, It's been about 5 years since I was at his yard, I talked to him last weekend when he was here for the mopar meet.

What are you looking for? I'm sure that there are enough guys here to help find/scrounge parts up.:thumbup:

i'm wondering if any of you know of Flatla auto wrecking and if they are still in business? i have bought parts from them in the past.
i have not touched my car in about 4 years. in that time i have found out that two of the other places that i got parts from on the island have closed. so i am hoping this has not happened here as well.

thanks austin

The wreckers with older stuff seem to have dried up around me too.Im in the southern interior of B.C.Haent seen a dart in a wreckers out here since about 12 years ago.

another place you might try is Heavy Metal auto wreckers in Trochu, AB
He probably has 100 mopars - but many are/have been picked pretty clean.
I picked up a stock 68-340 - just in case my stroker goes south - or I decide to build a 440ci SB.

thanks austin

Did Dale have what you needed?

every time that i have talked to him he has had what i was looking for. and also knew what i was after with just a description of the part and year it was off.

as for the price he didn't seem to be that bad compared to the local guys that used to have the older cars.

i have not had a chance to give him since i posted this thread as time and money have not been on my side, being in the middle of an apprenticeship has put somethings on the back burners for a bit.

though you guys may be able to give me a hand i'm looking for rear quarter for my 1965 Cutom100 Valiant, these are the same as the barricuda's of the same year.

if any of you know of or have some of these it is real the last major things that i need before getting the body work started on my car.

as i'm only a couple of months from writing the last test with transport canada for my license i can finaly look at doing my car.

one other qestion how did you guys talk your wives into letting you do your cars, or is it a case of do it and ask for forgiveness after it is done?

my theory exams are done, i got them out of the way when i finished school. so now i'm studying for my CARs (canadian air regulations) exam, i am able to write in january if my log book has enough tasks done.

Nice work!!! I assume your an AME (sorry if I'm wrong)...
I fly for Westjet and can tell ya the place would grind to a halt
if it wern't fer u guys. :eek:ops: call mtc, blame ops, reem out F/O,
order coffee, stare at F/A, come to realization.... My fault, ops
has nothing to do with it, F/O said "not a good idea" a long time
ago, F/A's cant resist short fat Irish guys. May as well call MTC.

True story:D

Some tips for you in order to justify this madness to your wife.

On days off, set aside one whole day to do wifey stuff.
0100 with dirty hands is not a good time to try anything.
No good can come from being in the garage after 2200.
Couple times a year decide VERY carefully between expensive
parts and some girly things.

I've had the same practice wife for 21 years, juuust about got
her broke in:^o
Good Luck

thanks for the advice frozen i think that that may work, with the wife that is. yes i'm an ame apprentice right now soon to change.

where are you flying out of Calgary/Edmonton?

Nice work!!! I assume your an AME (sorry if I'm wrong)...
I fly for Westjet and can tell ya the place would grind to a halt
if it wern't fer u guys. :eek:ops: call mtc, blame ops, reem out F/O,
order coffee, stare at F/A, come to realization.... My fault, ops
has nothing to do with it, F/O said "not a good idea" a long time
ago, F/A's cant resist short fat Irish guys. May as well call MTC.

True story:D

I bet you know my sister then. Getting her Captain upgrade at the end of this month! We're all so proud. :)

PS: I'm a licensed AME as well although I currently not wrenching on whole airplanes... just turbine engines. ;)

Flying out of Calgary. Had to get out of YYC and move back
to the hat as the cost of living was stupid. My wife was in the
car for about 4-5 hours a day with the boys.
P.S. The chief (wife), came with me to the engine shop the other
day, looked around, asked a few questions, and then didn't say "NO"
to a JR dragster for the boys:D
DemonDave, what is your sisters name? Chances are I either did
her interview or some sim training with her.

If that place isn't open, there is Alden's auto. I think that place has been in existance since the 50's. They have a huge selection of all cars, over many acres. It's out North East of Edmonton. Their toll free number is 1-800-661-8814. Give them a call.

when did they close?? i went there about a year maybe a year and a half ago to get a rear diff...thats the one by brooks right??

I've actually just never heard of it before, so wasn't sure if it was still open. Maybe it's a little further away from me than expected.
it was about 20 min- 30 min on the south east side of brooks you can fid it in a brooks phone book, i got th number from dean Tillman near Calgary/ cocrane??... but ive lost the number in our move.. sorry

-
Back