Autobody hammers and dolleys I found

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
So for years I have been working panels out nicely using about the crudest tools imaginable. Adapt and overcome I guess. Well several years ago I bought a set of body hammers and dolleys from china freight and plumb forgot about them. I worked out a dent nicely on my sons 69 cuda last summer with the crude tools i am used to using, and it turned out good without any body filler, meanwhile thinking I really need to get some real hammers and dolleys. Even saw em in a sale flyer recently and a 20% off coupon. So last weekend while cleaning out under my workbench I came across a heavy gray plastic box, and was like hmmm what's in here. Imagine my surprise, and also feeling like a dumb *** for forgetting that I bought these a few years back and continuing to use crude **** to hammer out panels. Sure the crude **** I will still use, however I will start using these now that I found them again. And to think, I almost bought a second set.

20191202_183526.jpg

I have a similar set, also bought a 4 ton ram that I used on a previous endeaver. amazing what the right tools do for you

The right tools for the right job, no matter if they are store bought or use what you have. The end result is what counts.

Getting the right tool sure makes a difference been doing body work for many years without a door skin hammer and 3 years ago finally bought one and sure made putting door skins on a lot easier.
20191207_105039.jpg

I did almost the same thing the other day but I did buy the second one. I needed a 1/4" torque wrench so I thought I'd go grab one. Once done the job i went to put it in the spot it should be stored and "Hey what's this?" Its the 1/4" torque wrench I bought a year ago! So now I have 2!

Cley

I went to an estate sale a few years ago, and the old dude whos stuff was getting sold had a body shop behind the house. I bought every hammer and dolly they had, and also bought his old paint shaker. I had Horrible Freight hammers for years, and still grab old faithful every now and then....lol.

-
Back