AutoCross-Crows Landing, CA this weekend!

-

norcal-fjo

Reaction score
I will be running the SCCA CAM (Classic American Muscle) Challenge autocross at Crows Landing, near Patterson, CA this week-end. Come and check it out, or still time to enter. Friday is practice, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning is competition, and Sun afternoon is the finals. Just search SCCA CAM Crows landing for details.

I will be running the SCCA CAM (Classic American Muscle) Challenge autocross at Crows Landing, near Patterson, CA this week-end. Come and check it out, or still time to enter. Friday is practice, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning is competition, and Sun afternoon is the finals. Just search SCCA CAM Crows landing for details.

I'll see ya there!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 377
Aww man. Think I'm gonna have to chalk this one up as another missed opportunity. Don't think the car, or myself, are ready for an SCCA event. Still need a helmet, overflow containers, a few other odds and ends to get past an SCCA inspection.

Tom, did you paint that Valiant? :thumbup:

She has paint! Sorry you couldn't make it, looks like a long fast course tomorrow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 331
Lots of interesting cars and the course is going to be fast and fun. I will be back Sunday to take some video. Tom I got some good video of you on the practice track.

She has paint! Sorry you couldn't make it, looks like a long fast course tomorrow!

She looks awesome! :thumbup: Are those new wheels too? Same tires?

UGH! I gotta get my crap together. #-o Too many projects. The Duster is running well, but because I'm driving it I don't seem to be able to work on it enough. Just little stuff, overflow containers, venting, and it looks like I'm going to have to buy a car helmet. All the big stuff should pass tech no problem.

Lots of interesting cars and the course is going to be fast and fun. I will be back Sunday to take some video. Tom I got some good video of you on the practice track.

You tease! Lets see it!

Awesome Joe, looking forward to it!

She looks awesome! :thumbup: Are those new wheels too? Same tires?

UGH! I gotta get my crap together. #-o Too many projects. The Duster is running well, but because I'm driving it I don't seem to be able to work on it enough. Just little stuff, overflow containers, venting, and it looks like I'm going to have to buy a car helmet. All the big stuff should pass tech

Painted the wheels, I have a quick build/race thread on Moparts:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8413931&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

You just need to show up, an overflow bottle and a loaner helmet is all you need, you will have a blast out here!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 293
I was reading your build thread, what mods/backspacing did you need to fit those wide tires up front??

I was reading your build thread, what mods/backspacing did you need to fit those wide tires up front??

She runs the stock 73+ spindle! Hotchkis upper a arm, 18x10 American Muscle Mustang wheel with +42 offset, and 3/4 inches of spacers. Pushed the fender out a little with a pneumatic tool, and trimmed the front and rear of the wheel lips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 344
The paint definitely reveals the "secret" in the quarter panel, lol! Your car is absolutely my inspiration with my car. Looks awesome in paint!

Could you post some current pics of your car? Maybe from the event?

found some old pics from 2012. But sounds like you've changed some things.

The paint definitely reveals the "secret" in the quarter panel, lol! Your car is absolutely my inspiration with my car. Looks awesome in paint!

Thanks much! Yeah the rear quarters have quite a bulge...

Could you post some current pics of your car? Maybe from the event?

found some old pics from 2012. But sounds like you've changed some things.

I have a thread going on Moparts with some more pics:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8413931&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1&nt=3

I still haven't gotten enough pics of it in paint, but here is one of Ricks Dart and I from today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 302
Well the ending for Ricks day was exciting as he was paired against Mary Pozzi of all drivers, a run off well it was a bracket race. Anyway Mary was first and running right on her dial and hit a cone so Rick following and unaware of this had and was running a good lap considering he was on some crappy street tires. So what happens he hits a cone pushing the car a little harder knowing he needed to . Day over. It was well worth it. Learned a lot from it now I need to decide which car to set up. Great job Rick and Tom for coming up from So Cal.

Alright guys, when's the next one? Or at least, the next one in Northern California?

Goodguy's Pleasanton on the 28th/29th?

Joe, Thanks for coming out this week-end. Tom, it was great meeting you and Sr., Greg and the rest. I had a great time, and I am planning on those tires we spoke of. Just need to break the info to my wife nice and easy.
View attachment 1714798872

You did great Rick! Here are some of the links for those tires we talked about:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...&tmn=Azenis+RT-615K&typ=Passenger/Performance

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=54WR7Z2&tab=Specs

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...Z222XLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Some photos from the event.

Attachments

• DSC00068.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC00064.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC00063.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC00050.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC00059.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 222
Great pics Joe! Here is the link to official results. The good thing was at least the Valiant beat all the late model cars in CAM-C, and a repro-cobra...

[ame]http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/results/CAM%20Challenge%20Class%20Results.pdf[/ame]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 227
You guys are proof that MOPARS are competative and can handle!! Congrats! You'll keep improving... driver's skill is most important. A-bodies have the advantage of light weight to begin with. MoPower to ya!

-
Back