Automatic column shift linkage.

-

Stone340

Reaction score
I have a '67 barracuda. I was wondering can I use any automatic shift linkage from any year, any body mopar. A friend of mine has a 73 satellite that I will be taking the tranny and motor. I need the linkage for my '67.

Nothing from the B Body, with the exception of the bracket that bolts to the ear on the trans will interchange.
I have those setups for A bodies, $40 plus shipping

Whitepunk is correct . What is important is that the linkage be adjusted properly once it is set up . There should be an adjustment rod that connects to the shift arm . Place trans in park . Screw adjuster in or out until linkage goes into the hole in trans arm . Make sure the gear selector is in park . Now, remove adjuster rod from trans . Place gear selector in "1". Go under car and place trans lever in "1" . Adjuster should go into lever . If not, repeat until it does . You have to get this right or trans failure will result . Not a hard job , just takes time . good luck

Nothing from the B Body, with the exception of the bracket that bolts to the ear on the trans will interchange.
I have those setups for A bodies, $40 plus shipping

Could u send me pic of what you have? What would shipping be to 32773. (Florida)

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]FY9WTWayCC8[/MEDIA]"]1971 Volume 71-2 Shift Quality and Linkage Adjustment -YouTube[/ame]

I hope I have this link right? Enjoy the video.

Ok so it's not shift linkage video. But still a good video about adjustments.

Could u send me pic of what you have? What would shipping be to 32773. (Florida)
2017-08-02 08.15.19.jpg

Is it true that the linkage is different for 727 and 904? I just read that from a web page . I didn't think there was

Yes --- the shift linkage is different when comparing the Abody 727 versus the Abody 904. I had a 1971 factory 340 Duster with column shift automatic, and during it's life, a previous owner had swapped out the 727 for a 904. The 727 shift linkage remained and was modified to work on the 904, but the function and engagement was not as smooth as with the 727. There were some older threads from years ago on this website and on Moparts with pictures detailing the differences between the 727 and 904 shift linkages. Search the websites and see what you can dig up. Good luck.

My 73 duster was original 904. I swapped it out for 727. The linkage hooked up but never noticed a change in operation.

-
Back