Automatic floor shifter question

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I am attempting to round up the parts to put a factory automatic floor shifter with console back in a 69 cuda i have. Car was originally auto on the floor. Somebody sawsalled the brackets off and tossed it years ago. I am starting from scratch with nothing, well it was nothing, because i finally have most of the parts now to put it back in except for 1 piece i still need. So heres the question.

Is the shifter arm thats on the A904 transmissions in 67-76 A bodies the same arm thats used for column shift and floor shift ? I have quite a few slant sux A904s in my local junkyard i can take it from. If it is the same, i will just pull one off one of those cars and use it.

Thanks
Matt

As far as I remember, they are not the same...Different length. BUT I might be incorrect. I remember swapping a "correct" arm for a column shift arm, they were very close.

I reused the arm on my 904 when I converter from column to floor shift. I'm not sure if it's the exact same part or not, but it works fine!

I think they are slightly different, because my aftermarket floor shifter came with another slightly different arm to be used.
I really doubt they are so different that you couldn't make it fit and work though.
The geometry is what really matters (like the attaching point distance from the linkage shaft, or the angle the lever comes off the trans at)

Yes. I have a 1970 dart but the console and shifter parts are all original pieces from a barracuda I think. It's an A body console and shifter setup for sure, just don't rememer which A body they came from.

Thats what i was looking for info wise was a column shift arm being used on a factory floor shift. If it works ok, i will go pull one next time i hit the wrecking yard with a list of stuff i need.

-
Back