Automatic OD for a slant?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Is there a tranny or a kit that will adapt a overdrive automatic to a 225? Im not worried about clearring any crossmembers or firewalls and I dont care if it isn't a mopar tranny.

Try Keisler, they are adapting GM OD trannies to small and big blocks. Maybe they can do something for you if you send them a slant bellhousing. Another alternative is a Gear Vendors OD unit that bolts to the rear of a 904. I kinda like the idea of having a 6 speed at the touch of a button. And don't forget TransDapt, they may have something.

Is there a tranny or a kit that will adapt a overdrive automatic to a 225? Im not worried about clearring any crossmembers or firewalls and I dont care if it isn't a mopar tranny.

The easiest way is the Gear Vendors solution, mentioned above... it just replaces the tailshaft of your A904/727 with one with OD, and is controlled with a button. But it's probably almost $3k to your door...

you could adapt a a500/518 with some sl6->LA adapter plates, but you will have to do some major modification to the floor, get crafty with linkages, speedo, driveshaft. etc....

-j

Back in the 60's and early 70's 3/4 ton Dodge pickups were available with a \6 and a 727 tranny. The tranny was a small block unit and mopar had an adapter to mount the the sb on the \6.

If you can find one of those then an A500 or 42RH (these are based off the 904) from a v6 pickup could be bolted to the \6. You will need to do some floor surgery to make room for the OD unit which is in the location the tail shaft on a 904 is.

Good question 360scamp.:cheers:
Learning more every day:read2:

I have more donor parts on my la 318 Dakota truck then I thought I did.
Mini starter on the la motor will give me better service and more room for dual exhaust for slants too.:toothy10:

LIFE 260.jpg

-
Back