automatic trans floor shifters

-
Those are reliable and priced right! Im more of a hurst fan myself,but I wouldnt turn my nose up at that B&M

I have this one in my Duster. Works well but do not route the cable near any heat source. TCI Streetfighter.

Attachments

• TCI_StreetFighter_shifter_300dpi.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 678
I like the one I posted because its regular and a ratchet shifter are there any other ones like that

Is like to see what all of you are runing for floor mount Aftermarket shifters I'm thinking of getting one from summit any ideas..... Here's the one that cought my eye

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-80675

If you are going to race it, get the Turbo Action, it is hand's down the best. If you are after performance, and look's I really like the B&M Quicksilver $189 at Jeg's, got one in the duster, and very happy with it. I have seen them mounted in consoles too.

View attachment quick silver.jpg

Here's a pic of the B&M Quicksilver I mounted under my console. Works great.

Had to make my own top plate as the one with the shifter wouldn't fit (too wide).

Here's a pic of the B&M Quicksilver I mounted under my console. Works great.

Had to make my own top plate as the one with the shifter wouldn't fit (too wide).

Dude, that's bad ***, I bought some part's from a guy that said he did that same thing, look's sweet!

I'm a Hurst guy myself, although im going with that cheatah in my 74 when I convert it to a race care.

I use a Hurst Pro Matic 2, and Love it, been in 2 vehicles, beat to hell and still kicking!

My B&M quicksilver mounted in the console with real wood trim.

Attachments

• 000_2761.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 667
I'm a Hurst guy myself, although im going with that cheatah in my 74 when I convert it to a race care.

I use a Hurst Pro Matic 2, and Love it, been in 2 vehicles, beat to hell and still kicking!

I use the Pro Matic, have had no issues, seems to be a decent shifter.

Moparclown,

Do you have a closer pic of how your shifter fits in your console.

Thanks

What shifter would work best that can be mounted to the center console and look good and perform well!
with lights for gears
Fabo rockshttp://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/

I agree the cable routing on the Turbo Action shifter is much better since it comes out the back but to say Hurst and B&M are garbage is wrong. Just another example of how "if you don't own what I do yours is garbage" methodology. My Quicksilver operates very smooth. Just took a little more work getting the cable routed safely past the headers. For the $150 I saved it was worth the extra 30 minutes of work.

I used to always run the B&M Kwik Click. It was a bare bones full ratchet shifter with a reverse lockout that made it NHRA legal. It was a solid, compact, bulletproof shifter, and they quit makin it. However, the B&M Pro Ratchet is the same shifter dressed up a little. Same mechanism, same reverse lockout, same stout shifter. Inexpensive and effective. I tried the cheetah SCS and hated it. Had it in a hot street/race Dart. Just too big and cumbersome for me. I like small, compact and simple.

So I guess none of you guys have a slapstick?? I got mine out of a Challenger, works perfect and it's MOPAR. have to get a pic for ya..

So I guess none of you guys have a slapstick?? I got mine out of a Challenger, works perfect and it's MOPAR. have to get a pic for ya..

I love those, but if you race at a NHRA sanctioned track, they may not recognize it as NHRA legal because of the reverse lockout deal. I know they have one, but I have seen people trailered and told it was not enough. I have had several though and never seen one fail.

-
Back