automatic trans floor shifters

-
246995_228113450534819_100000084975404_1009279_3451482_n.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah...one of the trailered cars was me and my 71 R/T Charger. We stood there and argued with that tech idiot for an hour and watched them pass chebbies and phords with factory shifters right and left but not mine. That car was fast, so we figured somebody got to the guy and spotted him a hun or sumffin. No tellin really.

I think I'd have issues with that tech dork. The factory slap stick is the best
I have used. After you shift it into 3rd. and bump it into neutral after the finish line it won't go any further without pushing the reverse lockout button. The guy didn't know how they work.

I think I'd have issues with that tech dork. The factory slap stick is the best
I have used. After you shift it into 3rd. and bump it into neutral after the finish line it won't go any further without pushing the reverse lockout button. The guy didn't know how they work.

Right. We showed him over and over. They were used to chebbie and phord stuff and were cluless about Mopar. I have always liked the slap stick. I would run one now if I was goin auto.

Here's a picture of the Cheetah shifter I installed in the consol of my 67 FB. Everything about this shifter was a plus. You get what you pay for.
Great looking dash /steering wheel console set you have there ! !!!

Any pictures of cars with OD tranny's? I'm putting a 46RE in my Demon with my 5.2 Magnum with FI, and am having a hard time finding a shifter for it.

j

Any pictures of cars with OD tranny's? I'm putting a 46RE in my Demon with my 5.2 Magnum with FI, and am having a hard time finding a shifter for it.

j

Any shifter that'll work for any Torqueflite will work on the 46re because their the same linkage. The Chrysler 42 and 46 series are just 904's and 727's with an o.d. unit attached to the rear end and it's controlled electrically unlike a GM or Ford trans. which has 4 positions for drive.

Heres some pics that a few members had asked about with the install of the quick silver shifter in my console.Hope this helps and if I can answer any ???,just ask?
Doug

Attachments

• 000_3032.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 289
  • 000_3034.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 000_3039.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 300
Any shifter that'll work for any Torqueflite will work on the 46re because their the same linkage. The Chrysler 42 and 46 series are just 904's and 727's with an o.d. unit attached to the rear end and it's controlled electrically unlike a GM or Ford trans. which has 4 positions for drive.
OH! SWEET! So, in theory, I could use this Quarterstick and use the switch to control the OD?

530-316-2009.jpg

j

Hey,thats the shifter I'd love to have! You have great taste!

OH! SWEET! So, in theory, I could use this Quarterstick and use the switch to control the OD?

j

The shifter will work but I bet the switch on it is a momentary type so it won't work, like Gilgald said. You need a standard on/off switch. Or you can buy the kit that does it all automatically.

Hemiroid,

How about some details or pics on the mods you did to use a 4 speed stick on that shifter. How well does it operate? Would it survive in the heat of battle?

Thanks,
Mike

I didn't take any pictures when I made it. I pound the living heck out of it and so far it is holding up.

Kenny

Depending on the type of switch, yes. If it's a momentary switch, you'd need to change it.
I got to thinking of that today, so I will look into that. If it is a momentary switch, I can always get the one without, and put one on the console I am going to build, along with the stereo system.

j

Heres some pics that a few members had asked about with the install of the quick silver shifter in my console.Hope this helps and if I can answer any ???,just ask?
Doug

Doug, Your console tops are AWESOME! Great Install.

-
Back