Automotive enthusiasts that you hang out with.

Curious what everyone else has for car peeps

• 0-3

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 3-5

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 5-10

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • to infinity and beyond!

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Cruise

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Car shows

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Drag Racing

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Wrenching

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Camping

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Ice cream

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
I have a few car friends but I feel like I'm the only one that makes it a priority (they never work on them, drive them, etc)

I organize cruises so I try to stay in contact with lots of car people....

I have a few car friends that work on cars. I’m too lazy. I take in a few drag races I take in a few shows. I do lots of camping and boating. Kim

I've got quite a few friends that still "plays with cars". I got out a few years ago due to a pending move down south.... That never happened, so I'm back in it with the vehicle in my avatar.

Most of my car buddies are old guys like me. I'm 66. My longtime friend Johnny is the same age, and we've known each other since we were 18. He stopped at my house in 1975 to ask about a derelict 65 Barracuda I had sitting in the backyard....been friends ever since. My buddy Ben is 81 and owns a race engine shop. He's put a lot of NASCAR legends like, David Pearson, Dale Earnhardt Sr, Jack Ingram and many more in the winners circle MANY times. He & I have lived on the same road our whole lives and never met until about 3 years ago. He needed a 360 to build for his son-in-laws brothers truck and couldn't find one. A mutual car buddy hooked us up, I swapped him a 360 I had laying around to balance my rotating assembly on my 273 for my 65 Barracuda. We became really good friends and I hang out at his shop, or he stops by my house on his way home.

I can still work on my projects...sorta/
I am so old, all my car buds are dead...except some way younger than me!
Go figure????

The 2 friends I have that like cars and work on them, I’ve known since elementary and middle school. One of them is into Japanese cars the other is mostly Mopars.

I have been at this since I got my first car at the age of 11, I’ll be 65 this year. I have a few car guys that we get together still not counting my sons who I turned onto cars as little kids.

One buddy is coming today, gonna pull the front and rear glass out of the GTS and bed the gaskets correctly since the glass people today won’t do it.

Hope to be turning wrenches till I’m dead

Cliff Ramsdell
IMG_2889.jpeg
IMG_2889.jpeg
IMG_3835.jpeg
IMG_3827.jpeg

Last edited:
I have several friends who are into cars. Cruise nights, car shows just good B/S sessions and seeing what's out there. I have two friends, when we have a weekend (they work), we will take a ride for breakfast, maybe 50 miles each way just to air them out. Working on them has become less and less, due to OLD age. :)

I also have a friend who has a very nice '70 Chevelle 502/502 that sits in his garage 95% of the time. Has nothing to do with cash or time, he just bought it and lets it sit. He hung out with us on cruise nights, and I think he just wanted to be one of the car guys. We bust his balls every chance we get. :lol:

I got 5-10 plus. I hang out and build **** with three of them; two are my coworkers; and the others are older guys who are building or built their "last" ones.

This is the main group, (apart from the two nissans) there is a pit bike behind the nissan that is the other main friend.

20240407_105855.jpg

The nissan truck has a TH350 and a 350 chevy vortec with a FItech unit on it.

No idea what the **** this poll means. Can you explain it?

I have 3 that regularly drag race or road race. We usually meet at Carlisle Chrysler Nationals every year. Usually looking for something either is on a quest for. Greg has two retired Hemi Challenge cars and others that are featured in museums. Jeff still works at his shop and is putting his old Plymouth station wagon race car back together with an all aluminum big block. I've also known Jim, Racer Brown cams, for 30 years or so. Plenty of good times and conversations over a lifetime.

No idea what the **** this poll means. Can you explain it?
How many car friends you hang out with and what you do.
The only one I figured would be rare is camping, I’m usually the only one with a classic at the campground.

The ice cream option was for the guy that takes his car out a couple times a year on the nicest of days.

Last edited:
How many car friends you hang out with and what you do.
The only one I figured would be rare is camping, I’m usually the only guy one with a classic at the campground.

The ice cream option was for the guy that takes his car out a couple times a year on the nicest of days.
Every day is ice cream day.... and I'm not even the Pres.!

I keep in touch with a lot of car guys, some still race , some of us go to cruises, some talk about engine building. I was going to answer 5 to 10, but if I include the guys I am in touch with on this site and B bodies I had to go with infinity and beyond.

My son and son in law, I help them whenever possible.

I'm fortunate to live in the metro-Detroit area (always car stuff happening (weather permitting)). Our car club (Twisted Axle Car Club) has a core group of ~40 members that do everything on your list above.

Our mantra is "I drive my ****".

I Drive My $hit (1).JPEG

We meet every Tuesday evening for ice cream and a short local cruise.

IMG_9255.jpg

We host a drag racing event in the fall along with a color cruise.

We've made the trek from metro-Detroit to the upper peninsula for the St. Ignace car show.

DSCN0569-cropped.jpg

And of course the biggest event of the summer, the Woodward Dream Cruise.

2022 Woodward Dream Cruise (Friday at Blarney Stone).jpg

I forgot the Detroit Autorama!

Last edited:
-
Back