Auxiliary water pump

-
Actually, I'm probably wrong on the 15 minutes to cool. After a lap, my car sometimes didnt even reach 190 and the fan never came on, its just the hot lapping that heats it up. Between doing the run, then sitting in the lane waiting to run again it just ends up being a while. Thats where you can shut down, run your fan and electric water pump and cool down. I don't bother shutting down since it doesnt help me cool down anyways, at least in the staging lanes.
My fan is a Spal 16in fan. it wasnt that cheap, but no, it doesnt draw 20 amps.
I think that if I figure out my water circulation method and let it rest a tad between runs it will cool down nicely.
But....I'm not saying you're wrong, and that you are probably right. My fan may very well be undersized for my application.

if it doesnt draw 20 amps( minimum), it isnt moving much air.
They( spal) make 4 different 16 inch fans with low cfm and amps
Two draw 8.5, the other two both draw 13. None of them move much air.
Assuming you are right, you must have one of these....If what you have doesn't draw 20 amps
If that is the case, you need a real fan
Totally agree with you. If I can stuff a bigger and better fan in there, thats where I'll start.

Totally agree with you. If I can stuff a bigger and better fan in there, thats where I'll start.

i bought a Derale 16 inch part # 16116 fan and put on mine. Very impressed with it. Draws 21 amps, takes up very little room.... moves friggin air...lol
Fixed the similar issues i had to yours.

i bought a Derale 16 inch part # 16116 fan and put on mine. Very impressed with it. Draws 21 amps, takes up very little room.... moves friggin air...lol
Fixed the similar issues i had to yours.
Ah bummer, that one won't fit. Yours is 3 7/16" thick, and I have 3 1/8" max distance from radiator before hitting the pulley screws.
That one is 10 blades as well...
Ok, well, I'll keep looking for a thinner one that pulls more amps, thx!

Ah bummer, that one won't fit. Yours is 3 7/16" thick, and I have 3 1/8" max distance from radiator before hitting the pulley screws.
That one is 10 blades as well...
Ok, well, I'll keep looking for a thinner one that pulls more amps, thx!

The blade numbers shouldn't matter, they are all inside the case of the fan enclosure. Looking around, not seeing anything that thin. Think i found the Spal you have, its very thin, but only 8.5 amps. It isnt moving much air at all.
If you can find an extra 1/2 clearance, there are definite choices.
Seeing now what you have, i would bet money that is your issue. Can you move the radiator forward at all?
I have never ran a pusher, not sure if that is a viable alternative

The blade numbers shouldn't matter, they are all inside the case of the fan enclosure. Looking around, not seeing anything that thin. Think i found the Spal you have, its very thin, but only 8.5 amps. It isnt moving much air at all.
If you can find an extra 1/2 clearance, there are definite choices.
Seeing now what you have, i would bet money that is your issue. Can you move the radiator forward at all?
I have never ran a pusher, not sure if that is a viable alternative
Spal 30100400 amp draw is what I googled and yes, 9 amps is it. So it doesn't see strong enough to do the job. Too bad, it got good reviews.
My radiator is right against the support so no movement there. I have the trans cooler on the front side of the radiator so I cant really do a pusher style without reworking the steel trans lines I ran to the cooler. I'd also have to rework the hood latch framework too, but after all that, I could put a large fan in front.
But, after saying all that, I see that summit has a bunch of 3" think high amp fans with shrouds. I posted a question to them to see if they can really verify that the total thickness including shroud doesn't exceed 3 inches. We will see.
Derale High-Output Single RAD Fan and Shroud Kits 16821 for example should work as long as the thickness they say is overall thickness.

-
Back