Auxillary Fuse Block

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Not sure auxillary fuse block is the correct description for what I am looking for. I am going to be using an electric fuel pump, Electric fan, and headlight kit at some point. Was wondering what you have done for a central fuse box out under the hood or under the dash. Any pics of it and where did you get it from. I really dont want to load extra draw on the old original box.
Thanks
Rod

hears one way to do it. fuse and relay box found under the hood of a 90s full size van. theirs a cover for it.it looks good when the wires are tucked in and cover is on. you have to re wire the box but every thing you need is their.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 103
But wait theirs more.Relays mounted to plate with in line fuses

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 102
I use relays and circuit breakers because fuses don't reset themselves. :)
This lightens the loads on the original fuse box instead of increasing it.

See my posts on using a 90's Jeep fuse/relay box. You can see it in my avatar (blk box on right). Don't go past ~2000 because everyone started using connectors under the box which are probably harder to figure out and wire. In older boxes, each relay has individual wires to it, so you can wire as needed, and the box is just a "relay holder". No circuit board, and the only bus is power rails to the bigger fuses.

-
Back