-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
Why is my avatar so big? Is there size limits (length & width)? It is a license plate and sure would like it to display appropriately.

Why is my avatar so big? Is there size limits (length & width)? It is a license plate and sure would like it to display appropriately.
You need to learn how to "crop" and "shrink" a picture for an avatar.
Numerous sites on the internet to do that.
GOOGLE.

You need to learn how to "crop" and "shrink" a picture for an avatar.
Numerous sites on the internet to do that.
GOOGLE.

I know how to/and can crop and shrink, but need to know what is the max width and height? I want it to display completely.

Ok then, why don't you just experiment with an avatar size, and see how it comes out?
If not, just try again, until an acceptable size.
Should be easy enough.

Ok then, why don't you just experiment with an avatar size, and see how it comes out?
If not, just try again, until an acceptable size.
Should be easy enough.

Tried a smaller length and width. It displayed the same size as the current avatar, but very pixelated (grainy).

Apparently the avatar must be a perfect square. Mine "was" a rectangle. I made it a square and voila' there it is.

Last edited:
Tried a smaller length and width. It displayed the same size as the current avatar, but very pixelated (grainy).

Apparently the avatar must be a perfect square. Mine "was" a rectangle. I made it a square and voila' there it is.
Exact same points and questions I raised a few days back. It's poor coding that's forcing the size to be exact and its up to us to adapt or not.

The new format is cropping mine.

The old format didn't.

I can live with that for a while, as I understand some didn't port over at all.

That's what I figured.

Thanks.

:thumbsup:

Pat On The Back.jpg

-
Back