• 46 to 55

Votes: 52 23.5%
  • 56 to 65

Votes: 75 33.9%
  • Over 65

Votes: 36 16.3%

• Total voters
-
I was born in '62, started grade 1 in '68, got my driver's license in '78, graduated high school in '80, started my welding apprenticeship in '81, did a career change at 39 after a major work accident, and have been into Mopars since i was 18 when I bought my first Dart which was a '71 4 door slant 6.
The numbers confusing you?
Yes, i turned 57 a little over a month ago.

I have noticed when people have a passion, differences in age, sex, race, even language don't seem to mean much. Eyes and interest light up to shared ideas, insights, and experiences. Enjoy it while you can. Knowledge is ever winking out...

Last edited:
This is what has jumped out at me in this poll so far (small sample, I know). 45.2% are 55 and under. 54.8% are 56 and older. The thing that I don't like to see is only 8.9% are 35 and under, and .1% are 25 and under. I think this thread I posted a while back is one of the reasons.
They do it a differently.... and I respect that

This is what has jumped out at me in this poll so far (small sample, I know). 45.2% are 55 and under. 54.8% are 56 and older. The thing that I don't like to see is only 8.9% are 35 and under, and .1% are 25 and under. I think this thread I posted a while back is one of the reasons.
They do it a differently.... and I respect that

We try and try in my area thru local clubs and mentoring to get the younger crowd involved. The disconnect and disinterest is just to large between generations these days. Will take the few young guns involved in classics to excite their base so to speak to keep the torch lighted.

We try and try in my area thru local clubs and mentoring to get the younger crowd involved. The disconnect and disinterest is just to large between generations these days. Will take the few young guns involved in classics to excite their base so to speak to keep the torch lighted.
And around here the younger crowd (25 or younger) are so engaged into their cars, but it's all the new stuff. And I get it, their cars are cool, handle, very fast, and have the creature comforts. They all think my Dusters are "cool", but none are interested in learning about or owning one of these classics. Of course, there are always exceptions.

55, turning 56 in a few more weeks, so I'll be joining the others in the older category very soon.
I like to hope that our cars will help keep us young a little longer!

IMG_7161.JPG
IMG_7148.JPG

Newbe Mopar owner (three weeks) but will turn 58 4 days after Christmas. I retired 4 years ago, thankfully.
what does EdM stand for ? at first I was thinking you are an Electronic Dance Music fan and might be a party animal

I'm 53. I usually act like I'm 14, to the constant annoyance of the wife. :)

And around here the younger crowd (25 or younger) are so engaged into their cars, but it's all the new stuff. And I get it, their cars are cool, handle, very fast, and have the creature comforts. They all think my Dusters are "cool", but none are interested in learning about or owning one of these classics. Of course, there are always exceptions.
I too, try to get the younger kids involved, mainly my in-house 17 yr old. He thinks it's cool, but he's just not into it, and I understand that. He's not a real big car guy to begin with, but he likes the smaller, newer cars. I can't hold it against him.. when I was 6, I wasn't into my Pa restoring his '62 Galaxie 500 ragtop, or the stories he had about him building flathead '40 Fords. I loved my brother's '70 RT Charger... and I wanted one of those new '71 Challengers. I Wish I had his knowledge now of those Flatheads, lol.
I'm hoping to get my Cuda going next summer.. won't be pretty, and I want it to be as noisy,uncomfortable as possible, and you can feel the horsepower through the tin floor...and it pins you back in the seat. Maybe it'll change his mind.. maybe it won't. Whatever, I'll have fun. :)

Well, I'll be 50 in a couple months. Started messing with these things when I was 16. And I'm fortunate to have a great Wife that understands and supports my addiction. lol. And lucky enough to financially afford it.

That is very fortunate. Bless you.

LOL. OK.Thank you. How much weight have you lost as of now? I am too worthless to go find your thread. LMAO
I’ve lost 60 lbs so far. Exactly 24 months. Can’t wait until this time next year when my weight should be around 225 lbs. A far cry from the 315 lbs I started at!

what does EdM stand for ? at first I was thinking you are an Electronic Dance Music fan and might be a party animal
I really dig EDM. Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyke, Tiesto, Marcus Shultz....
I took a liking to it in the 90s when I used to hang out in night clubs.

Last edited:
-
Back